How to avoid a session hijack from another user?

Options
faco
faco Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in General questions

If while a domain admin is logged in via RDP to a user's workstation someone connects via TeamViewer, specially with the lock screen option active, the domain admin session gets "hijacked". Is there a way to avoid it?

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you are connecting to a user session that is already open, it will always hijack the user session. There is, unfortunately, no possibility to set a "grace period" before the black screen is enabled.

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @faco,

Yes, you can prevent this from happening by connecting to the server ID, instead of the user ID.

The server ID is always online and accessible.

It can be found during the connection by the following:

• Full version: Help → About TeamViewer
    • Host: Right-click icon in system tray → About TeamViewer

Hope this could help!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• faco
    faco Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

My example is the other way. Yes, with the server ID I connect anyway but if there's a user using the workstation i'll get that user session and the user previously connected via RDP will get a black screen in his own session. At least the user should have a few seconds to close his session.

• JeanK
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you are connecting to a user session that is already open, it will always hijack the user session. There is, unfortunately, no possibility to set a "grace period" before the black screen is enabled.

Community Manager