Session list incompletely displayed; I cannot minimize it to the right

Options
skye_captain
skye_captain Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Linux only

See the attached picture. When I connect to one of my workstations, my session list looks like this. Because the left part of the session list is not displayed, there is no tab for me to click on, and I cannot get the session list to minimize to the right. This computer is running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I have tried:

• clicking all over the place on and near the session list, including where the minimize tab should be
  • restarting the teamviewerd service
  • restarting the teamviewer apps
  • restarting the workstation
  • logging out/logging back on
  • sacrificing a tiny toy chicken before a tiny toy totem
  • ignoring the workstation to see if it would get lonely
  • threatening the workstation with remmina, and when that didn't work, I got really nasty and (you may want your small children to cover their ears) threatened to pull out VNC

Still, no luck, but as you can see, I have been fairly thorough.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? The amount of real estate that I am losing on the screen is not huge, but the fact that the session list cannot be minimized means that it is in my way a lot of the time. I am open to hacks if you have one that will help me out. Thanks!

Answers

• netsurfer38
    Options

Have been experiencing exactly the same issue with similar frustrations in Ubuntu 22.04

The following appears to have solved it for me, but it is flaky at times

• open Display Settings
    • switch Fractional Scaling on and possibly change the Scale

Other things that one can also experiment with

• changing the Resolution in Display Settings
    • lf logged in under Wayland, log out and log back in with Xorg (option under gear wheel, lower right, on the log in screen) - TeamViewer only has experimental support for Wayland, at the time of this writing (however TeamViewer worked fine for me under Wayland)