Custom Host - How do I hide the ID and Password

Options

Hi, I've created a custom host with our logo etc.. and have installed on a couple of computers. A previous colleague of mine created a host that did not show the ID or Password. This prevented the user from giving those details out to random people. I can't find the option to do that. Could someone help please?

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,084 Moderator
    Options

Hi @johncassell,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community and thanks for your question!

Preventing unauthorized connections is extremely important. Therefore, I believe there are a few points worth sharing regarding it.

Despite not having a "hide" button, it is possible to disable the random password in the Host Options at the Security tab. This will display a dash over the random password, so to remote connect, it will be necessary to use easy access or a personal password.

The ID number of a Host will always show. Cases where the ID display as a dash indicates connection issues or difficulty connecting with TeamViewer services.

👉 To prevent unauthorized connections, we highly recommend using our allow list. With this setting, you can determine what contacts, company profiles, TeamViewer accounts, or IDs, are allowed to remote connect to your Host. Everyone else outside of the allow list won't be able to remotely connect even if they have the correct ID and password.

💡Hint: You can also create a policy with an allow list, so you can easily update all Host's settings at once.

For further security advice, please check our Security Handbook.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Carol 👩🏻‍🦰🌷

Portuguese Community Moderator