MacOS Sonoma compatibility

Has TeamViewer been tested with MacOS Sonoma, which is being released to the public tomorrow (9/26)? Will TeamViewer function properly for folks who upgrade to Sonoma?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,025 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jensen_ADL,

It's good to see you around!

Yes, our R&D team is actively testing TeamViewer with macOS Sonoma.

However, it's important to note that, as of our last testing phase, we have identified some issues related to Endpoint protection and Patch management functionalities. Therefore, if you are using those products, we recommend not updating them for now.

For users who do not rely on Endpoint protection and Patch management features, TeamViewer should generally function as expected with macOS Sonoma. Most major remote control features are operating as intended.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jensen_ADL,

It's good to see you around!

Yes, our R&D team is actively testing TeamViewer with macOS Sonoma.

However, it's important to note that, as of our last testing phase, we have identified some issues related to Endpoint protection and Patch management functionalities. Therefore, if you are using those products, we recommend not updating them for now.

For users who do not rely on Endpoint protection and Patch management features, TeamViewer should generally function as expected with macOS Sonoma. Most major remote control features are operating as intended.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• We have 15 Nov right now, and still no Sonoma support in the compatibility matrix. When will Sonoma get official support?

• Bastizor
    Bastizor Posts: 5
    edited January 2

Hello @JeanK,

We are in 2024 and the latest version of the TeamViewer Full Client app still crashes at launch on my MacOS Sonoma Intel MacBook Pro from 2018.

Do you plan to ever release a fix for this incompatibility ?

Regards

• JeanK

Hi @fxnikon,

Thank you for reaching out!

I can confirm that we officially support Sonoma:

Please find more information here.

Have a great day!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Bastizor

Sorry but even after reinstalling the app from 0, itcrashes at launch on MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71).

• JeanK

Hi @Bastizor,

Thank you for your message!

Did you take a fresh new version from our website for reinstallation?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Bastizor

I have properly deleted my version, downloaded the latest one from your website and installed it.

Didd this process twice. Same result.