Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• Mertorer
    Mertorer Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

I am a student and I usually use TeamViewer to connect to my desktop computer at home from uni or from somewhere else for my studies.

However, after the last update I have receiving session timeout and when I connect to my Desktop PC it gives me warning Commercial use warning as

"It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you or your connection partner."

And more info button leads me 404 page.

When I read the website it is said that there are no limitations about connections for personal use therefore I could not understand why my teamViewer started this issue.

I appreciate if you could help.

Thanks,

Mert

• ronnjaecox
    ronnjaecox Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Options

My account says its flagged for commerical use but I am using on my 3 personal pc at home how do I get this fixed?

• Zeoran
    Zeoran Posts: 1
    Options

I'm having the EXACT same problem with some additional complications.

I've been using Teamviewer for years to remote control my PERSONAL PC. It was working great until just this morning 3/11/24.

As of this morning, I'm getting this **bleep** message: "This software seems to be used in a commercial environments. Please note that the free version may only be used for personal use.". THIS IS PERSONAL USE.

There's a "More info" button, but it's USELESS because it links to your website and a 404 error message.

Even trying to access these forums didn't work for me. Going to the "Support Forum" on my own, trying to post my own comment/question/issue, all I saw was the **bleep** "this weeks leaders" but no actual forums, no post button, no NOTHING.

And I can't even get normal support because I'm just a lowly free user. Despite the hundreds to thousands of business users I've referred to this program over the 30+ years of my IT career.

• Annieluvs
    Annieluvs Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Options

I have sent a form to prove I don’t use for business ! I play games and access for a few mins a day to check my games from phone to pc. How may I get my team viewer off this limit. Last time I filled out a form what do I do now please help thank you

• mllewallen
    mllewallen Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Options

I have been locked out of remoting to my personal computer. I use my free license for help with my mom, dad and my personal PC.

• elonati
    elonati Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Options

Hi everyone, I use Teamviewer free for personal use, to connect to my parents' and some friends' PCs.

Lately I can't do it anymore, because it tells me that my use is for commercial purposes, do you have any idea how I can solve it?

Thx

• elonati
    elonati Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi everyone, I use Teamviewer free for personal use, to connect to my parents' and some friends' PCs.

Lately I can't do it anymore, because it tells me that my use is for commercial purposes, do you have any idea how I can solve it?

• Remmy70
    Remmy70 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Horrible experience today with TeamViewer. I have been using TeamViewer sporadically to help my mother who lives in another city. Maybe once every 1-2 months. Now, when it's urgent, I get strange pop-ups saying the limit to my licence is expired, etc. This is absolutely ridiculous and smells suspicious, is TeamViewer trying to get more paying users? Why 'suddenly' this pop-up and never before. And I have to go through some impossible maze to ask them to grant me the free licence again... log in, give my TeamViewer ID (while I'm logged in... why would I have to do that???), then 'generate' a PDF. This is not user-friendly and you are not going to make your user-base happy with this!

• Remmy70
    Remmy70 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Horrible experience today with TeamViewer. I have been using TeamViewer sporadically to help my mother who lives in another city. Maybe once every 1-2 months. Now, when it's urgent, I get strange pop-ups saying the limit to my licence is expired, etc. This is absolutely ridiculous and smells suspicious, is TeamViewer trying to get more paying users? Why 'suddenly' this pop-up and never before. And I have to go through some impossible maze to ask them to grant me the free licence again... log in, give my TeamViewer ID (while I'm logged in... why would I have to do that???), then 'generate' a PDF. This is not user-friendly and you are not going to make your user-base happy with this!

• johnwake
    johnwake Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

For the first time today I was told there is a limit on how long I am logged in for . What is your policy please. When I am away I log in and leave it running when I go out. I am happy not to do that any more but wondered how long I was allowed.

This may not be possible but it would be a great help if when we press disconnect we are asked if we are sure. I am logging out all the time accidentally.

A fantastic free service thank you.

Cheers,

John

• bill_gallagher
    bill_gallagher Posts: 1
    Options

After about 15 years TV on only my personal PCs, I am now getting flagged as commercial. Why?

• morpheus_70
    morpheus_70 Posts: 1
    Options

I'm getting a commercial use detected. I definitely don't use this software commercially. I can't chat, nor write a support ticket.

I don't mind a 5 min session as I barley ever use this program 5 min a day, but I'm not using it in any way commercially. How do I solve this?

• Grob
    Grob Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I look after my 92 year old Mother in laws's PC and have done for years . Today when I logged in it suddenly dropped out within a minute or so. On the remote location was a message 'Your session has timed out and will close'. When I tried to log back in, I get the message 'Connection blocked after timeout. Your licence limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your licence. Connections to this partner will be blocked until xx.xx (the current time plus 1 minute'

When I try again the same message comes up. Why is it dropping out and why can't I connect after 1 minute?

• Etanarvazac
    Etanarvazac Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Options

I have always helped friends and family and occasionally connected to MY PC while away from home (when needed). I don't make any money from the support I provide to my FAMILY and my FRIENDS. I have used TeamViewer since 2016 for helping family and friends since I started with TeamViewer. Never had an issue, loved the platform.

Now I essentially lost my account under wrongfully being flagged as commercial. I tried contacting TeamViewer to get this fixed, but support literally kept pushing me to buy a license. I meet the criteria for FREE PERSONAL USE and am being told to pay for the software. Unless TeamViewer can get this resolved after this post, I am likely going to start looking for alternatives. It really hurts me that I may have to come to terms with this, especially given I've been a long-time loyal customer...

— Etanarvazac Revorix

• franzie
    franzie Posts: 1
    Options

I'm getting the same message! Only using in my home!

• Deano1224
    Deano1224 Posts: 1
    Options

Just happened to me today as well.. I only use it in my house between my two PC's..... and of course their is no way to contact them....

• Betterliving
    Betterliving Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

can anyone tell me how to get teamviewer to stop flagging me for business use? I have my laptop and my desktop running at my house and I view them regularly from my phone to mess with my games I have running on both of them. Occasionally it appears that I get flagged for business use when I am literally just checking on my games. It likes to lock me out for x amount of time and then force me to view their business plan upgrades. If this app was making me money I’d pay for it, but unless I can pay you in gold or digital herbs you are SOL

• skgeniusja
    skgeniusja Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Is it no longer possible to apply for free version recovery?

• bleidornm
    bleidornm Posts: 1
    Options

I need my account cleared of potential commercial use. Nothing has changed since the last time I was flagged.

• Caleb_O
    Caleb_O Posts: 1
    Options

This is the second time my account has been flagged for business use.. I do not own a business or use my account any relation to my employer at any capacity. Because of this, I can only use my PC for about 3 minutes before getting kicked out. I would have opened a ticket to have this resolved but that’s not an option for non-paying customers, which is absolutely ridiculous. I would like to see this issue resolved, please.

• moons966
    moons966 Posts: 1
    edited March 12
    Options

There is no commercial use.

I am controlling only one personal computer remotely and am not using it for commercial purposes.

I think my account has been restricted. Please remove the restriction.

• Darkshooter00
    Darkshooter00 Posts: 1
    Options

I keep getting a message stating that i have to upgrade to a commercial license and it cuts me off from being able to access any of my other computers or download files from them

• Tom_T88
    Tom_T88 Posts: 1
    Options

I am getting a message saying that I am a commercial user and require a paid account to continue to use the free version.

I have tried to use the reset link and get down to signing and clicking the "submit" but do not seem to see any change on screen to show that the request has gone through. It looks like it just sits waiting. (is it uploading the pdf? should I leave it for a longer time after hitting the submit button?

Regards,

Tom

• tedko
    tedko Posts: 1
    edited March 12
    Options

Hello,

I have team viewer [removed per Community Guidelines] with free user licence. Could you please tell me why from yesterday I have seen message "commercial use detected"?

I using my account for a long time and it has always been only for support my family.

I recently changed my Internet provider and now I have a new public address - [removed per Community Guidelines] My old ip address was [removed per Community Guidelines]. Is it possible this to be reason for my issue?

• Aaron12345678
    Aaron12345678 Posts: 1
    Options

How do I get this resolved? I am using this for home only and yesterday Teamviewer started prompting me.

• shafted
    shafted Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

I have Team Viewer version 15.51.6 (free version), running in Windows 10 Pro (64bit).

I have made no changes to Team Viewer in weeks (if not months), and it was working fine yesterday (March 11, 2024).

This morning (March 12, 2024) I connected to another PC in my house (just as I did yesterday with no problem), and some minutes later my connection was aborted by Team Viewer (I forget the exact message). When I tried to reconnect, I got the following error message:

"Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until hh:mm"

I have often had Team Viewer running and connected to another PC for hours - never had any problem, never been automatically disconnected, much less seen the above error message.

Can someone explain what is happening and how I can get back to being able to use Team Viewer again?

• Kirst10
    Kirst10 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

My TeamViewer keeps timing out after less than 5 minutes of use.

I am on a free version and I only occasionally use it for personal use in order to assist my parents staying far away.

How do I resolve this?

• Maartin
    Maartin Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

There has to be more people that me than recently experienced the sudden change in licensing that has happened for TeamViewer.

I have used team viewer for years to support my father in law and my parents. Over the years this has changed only supporting my mother (living in a remote location) and now all of a sudden I get a message that I'm using TeamViewer for commercial purposes!

Clearly the world's definition and TeamViewer's definition of commercial use differs wildly.

This is the typical scenario.

I get a frantic call that something on her computer is not working and it is urgent. I quickly connect with TeamViewer to see what is happening/issue and then either resolve it or explain what needs to be done to prevent it from occurring again.

The above scenario now for some reason is considered commercial use, come on TeamViewer, based on your own terms and definitions Free is when you are not directly or indirectly paid for what you have done using Teamviewer. What are you doing?

• Tosha
    Tosha Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Incorrectly filled out rest form for personal use. How can the form be completed again?

• pg123
    pg123 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

Hello, I'm starting to wonder if TeamViewer doesn't do false advertising?????

Because for several days I have no longer been able to use it even though I only use it in a private setting for my wife and my children without remuneration, of course!!!!

So I wonder how you were able to detect commercial use??????????

Huge bug for you!!!!!! I

I'm handicaped and under oxygen and I can't move around!!!!!

Where is the problem ???????????