Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Hello, I've been using the free version of Team Viewer for personal use and lately when I connect it shows me this message : "Your Team Viewer session has exceeded the allotted time and will end soon".

Then the application closes itself. If I connect again, it will show me the same message and it will close again. And so on…..

Somebody around here has had the same problem ?

Thank you in advance.

• TVwrgh
    TVwrgh Posts: 2

A friend is having a problem loading his TeamViewer - see TmVwr msg, attached.

The suggestion is that he needs a licence.

Neither of us has EVER used TeamViewer in a Business capacity. He has only ever used to let me View his PC.

I have only ever used it to help friends & family - for many, many (Many!!) years.

Not sure why the TmVwr algorithm for him has "detected" this after all of these years - indeed, we probably haven't had a TmVwr link for well over 6 months.

Any help much appreciated

• ken_burd172
    ken_burd172 Posts: 2

I have the free version and today when connected to a friend. Connection was terminated after only 30 seconds and reconnecting was blocked.

• Shaw42
    Shaw42 Posts: 1
    edited June 21

I have been using TeamViewer for some time between my laptop, my desktop in my studio office and my wife's office. This is so I don't have to ascend and descend 2 flights of stairs. Nothing about this usage is commercial. However, recently I have been getting a message stating that I am using TeamViewer in a commercial setting and need to subscribe. While I appreciate your caution, I would truly like to continue to use the app as I have. How do I do that?

• adygolfman
    adygolfman Posts: 3

I've been using Teamviewer free version for years, mainly to help out my 90 year old mother-in-law, but the other day I was disconnected after a few minutes and couldn't re-connect. It said something like "…commercial use has been detected…". I am not a commercial user, never have been and never will be. Can my free license be re-instated please?

Thanks

• TonyAce
    TonyAce Posts: 1

Hello Everyone,

I am sure this is a question that pop ups quite a lot.

I use my account only for private but Team Viewer thinks i use it for private, is there a way to adjust / challenge that?

Thank you VERY much!

Dimi

• TomK6505
    TomK6505 Posts: 1

I'VE NEVER USED IT COMMERCIALLY. I use it to access my own *bleep* PC, and occasionally connect to my brother to help him with an issue. Never ask for money, so it's just a family member helping a family member.

STOP TELLING ME I'M USING IT COMMERCIALLY!!!!!

• mason2024
    mason2024 Posts: 1

My account was flagged as commercial but I only use it for personal use. I own several computers and I have only added family members computer. All personal use. Please unlock my account.

• haskovec
    haskovec Posts: 2

I have the same problem.

• udoo
    udoo Posts: 4

I have the same problem. it was tested on about 3 computers, all PCs have the same problem.

• udoo
    udoo Posts: 4

I have the same problem. it was tested on about 3 computers, all PCs have the same problem.

• Zen12
    Zen12 Posts: 4

Same problem here. I was trying to help my mom and it would connect then drop me off. Same exact as above Quote. I use it for "Personal Use Only" and have been for years.

• Rafx
    Rafx Posts: 1

I have the same problem, earlier there was no problem like this before, did teamviewer change something now?

• Zen12

I also had this Exact same thing happen last night when trying to TV to my moms pc.

• Eisenprinz
    Eisenprinz Posts: 2

Hello,
    I have been using Teamviewer in the family for years. Recently the connection has been interrupted after a few minutes. Message: Your Teamviewer session has expired and will now be closed. When I try to restart the connection, it is blocked for a few minutes. I have installed version 15.54.6 and the free license. I do not use Teamviewer commercially, but exclusively privately.

• Mickow
    Mickow Posts: 1

it's literally 1min of connection not 5min.
    Teamviewer is so scummy, atleast allow 10min each hour or something.

Helping my grandpa took just an hour to even help him install teamviewer :^^^^^) (not joking)

• JofreJKD
    JofreJKD Posts: 3

Please fix this issue. I NEVER use this commercially. Other people having same issue. it's quite annoying. If I can't use it, it's useless to me and I will find another solution.

• JofreJKD
    JofreJKD Posts: 3
    edited June 23

years old problem, starting to think service here is about the same as Western Digital.

• gusnd
    gusnd Posts: 2

got the same issue, I have a Windows 11 Pro license. The other computers at home are single-user or Ubuntu (server for studying)

• BRN169
    BRN169 Posts: 2

Been using TV to connect to my old PC that is running a Minecraft server for my kids in my house for IDK 10 years. The PC runs with no monitor, keyboard or mouse I only remote in to manage it. Suddenly today it gets flagged as for commercial use? On what planet is this reality. *bleep*! We have a commercial license for work but don't want to put my personal PCs on my work PC. Absolutely retarded.

• Zen12

I just tried to connect to my sisters Cellphone. I get about 10 to 15 seconds before connection timed out. Then when I retry the connection a box comes up saying " Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until 14:22" . When I first connected to the phone it told her I was using the Free version. Does my ID need a reset? Tell me what to do please.

• DrRon57
    DrRon57 Posts: 1

I also have this problem now, 2nd time ever, but this time I had to clone and replace a failing hard drive. Software works, but says I am commercial and times out quickly. I have never used it for anyone other than family, or myself to my other PCs.

And in the past, I was able to email support to have it corrected, now it seems that I am not allowed to contact or create a ticket because I don't have a paid for version.

Using it for personal use, with FREE for personal use is all I need. How does a FREE user reset the suspected commecrcial use flag that is set on my profile page now ???

• me_stuffy
    me_stuffy Posts: 2
    edited June 24

I'm connecting from my PC to my Dad's PC to help him out now and then. My account or connect got flag at commercial setting. How can I get that remove.

• rmgl27
    rmgl27 Posts: 2
    edited June 24

My TeamViewer keeps getting disconnected because I am being accused of using it in a commercial setting even though I am not. I am only connected to my personal devices (work desktop, personal laptop, personal smartphone, personal iPad) and my parents' PCs since they sometimes need help with technical stuff but I am not able to help them personally since I live overseas.

Is there a way to remedy this? My account is free so I cannot write a ticket and instead I am always being redirected to this community.

• parrrrda
    parrrrda Posts: 2

Hello.

I'm using TeamViewer and I get the phrase that I've been using commercial for a few days.

Please check.

• mtzurawski
    mtzurawski Posts: 2
    edited June 24

I use teamvier free license. Unfortunately, I can't use it freely, my session gets interrupted every time and I get a message that I am using it for business. This is of course not true. I use the TeamVier application occasionally, mostly connecting to my mother's computer. Unfortunately, both my and my mother's computers have windows PRO licenses, due to the fact that we bought them once from a bankrupt company. Perhaps this is the reason why TeamVier thinks we use it coemrrationally? Is there anything I can do about it? Please advise.

• scotth1435
    scotth1435 Posts: 2
    edited June 24

I also went through this several years ago. I use TV to connect to a telescope which I personally own that is a few hundred yards from my house, in rural Texas. It is for my personal use, and not rented out or used by anyone other than myself. I would like to re-establish my 'personal use' status. Thank you.

• nerfherder703
    nerfherder703 Posts: 2
    edited June 24

I have been using TeamViewer for personal use for about a year. Suddenly, any time I try to use the Android app to connect to one of my machines, I get a notice that "Commercial Use is Detected".

I can access this same machine using my PC, but the mobile app is triggering that Commercial Use message. I am not using it for commercial use.

Any idea how I can correct this?

• lpierrie
    lpierrie Posts: 3
    edited June 24

Why am I now being denied access to Team Viewer when I occasionally, once or twice a month, help a friend with an issue?

• lpierrie
    lpierrie Posts: 3

Please help as soon as possible.