Locking remote computer at the end of session

Teamviewer has just started to lock some but not all remote computers screens when the session ends. I have check that Lock Remote Computer is set to NEVER. I have made sure it's set on both remote and local PC but this is still occuring. It has only just started to do this as well as not adding some PC's to the Recent Connections list after connecting to them.

I need to fix this ASAP.setting to prevent locksetting to prevent lock

Comments

• SteveT
    SteveT Posts: 9

Same problem started with last two upgrades. Seems to be with software on local PC as it can be made to disappear by changing the never option to always and then back again on the local PC.  Problem then returns with the next restart. Another indication that it's the local PC that is doing it, is that it never happens if I control the same remote PC with the android version on my phone.

• Nixontech
    Nixontech Posts: 2 ✭✭

Try this as a fix.

1. Note down the ID and Password of the remote PC

2. Logout of your account

3. Connect (while logged out), to the remote PC and disconnect

4. Log back into your account and test the connection again.

It appears there were some issues with account sync in the past that has caused this issue.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback. I forwarded the problem to our development and they will have a look at this. I will keep you updated about it in this thread.

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • SteveT

Went back to Ver12 and the problem disappeared. Then received this fix and upgraded again to try it and all seems ok at the moment though it was a  bit intermittent before so I guess time will tell. Thanx!

• Discord37
    Discord37 Posts: 11

Just came to look for a solution & say I'm having the same issue. Hope it gets fixed. I want to be able to toggle this option, not have to revert to older version & then go back to new version every time I need to change it. I'd like it on but it messes up certain programs I need to run while not there.

Win 10
  • SteveT

Time did tell and the problem came back with a vengence after 2 days and nothing I tried would shift it short of rolling back the software. Currently using 13.1.1548 on my local PC and 13.0.5058 on the remote PC with auto update disabled. It's been ok everyday for over a week now so in the absence of some more confidence inspiring responses, I think I'll be leaving it like this until the next version comes out.

• Saajid
    Saajid Posts: 1

I'm suffering with the same problem. Is there a permanent fix for this as yet? As a premium user, I am disappointed at how long it is taking for this to be resolved.

• Discord37

I reverted to V 12, then let it upgrade but it still locked my computer, maybe if I deleted settings it wouldn't but I'd rather not. I then went back again to v 12 and I guess I'm there until it's fixed.

Win 10
  • I am having a number of computers that are used for showing public info on a VideoWall. Some of these computers are now locking at the end of a session and now my Videowall is a mess. This should not happen and TeamViewer should handle this bug as VERY urgent. My bussiness is damaged by this unwanted bug.

Please mister Teamviewer, fix this with a high priority !!!

• Discord37

I just found it's still happening with 12 now. I guess I have to do a fresh install of 12 and delete my settings which I find it really annoying to have to set everything up again.

Win 10
  • Could it be this has to do with the latest updates of Windows-10 ?

Anybody with this problem has the latest Windows-10 updates installed ?

• Mike_H
    Mike_H Posts: 1

No, it also happen on Win 7 PC

• Discord37

@HaraldRoelsewrote:

Could it be this has to do with the latest updates of Windows-10 ?

Anybody with this problem has the latest Windows-10 updates installed ?

I just got the update yesterday & it has been happening for weeks that I noticed. I had not tried to turn it off before.

Win 10
  • VVJT
    VVJT Posts: 1

@Discord37 wrote:

I just found it's still happening with 12 now. I guess I have to do a fresh install of 12 and delete my settings which I find it really annoying to have to set everything up again.

Yes, happens here every time when 12.0.95388 / Win8.1 is controlling another 12.0.95388 / Win8.1 system. Older 12.0 versions did not have this problem.

• Discord37

I reverted all 3 of the computers I use to 12.0.95388, 2 are Win 10, one is Win 7, I thought it was ok but it's still locking my Win 10 main computer I access. So I have to go back older? I can't believe this issue is still not being fixed. It has ruined the program for me and many others. I do not like using old version of something like this. Old versions may have security holes.

Win 10
  • I had to rollback from 13.1 to 13.0 in the controlled PC to be able to disconnect from it without locking.

• SteveT

As previously mentioned I waited for the next version and installed it hoping that the issue would have been resolved. Installed 13.1.3629 on local & remote PC's and the problem returned once more.  Replaced remote PC software with Ver 13.0.1558 and it seems to have disappeared again. Up until I've resisted switching to Chrome Remote Desktop, using only as a fallback solution for when Teamviewer lets me down, mainly because in my location I can only use CRD with a VPN which can make it very slow sometimes. I hope the staff at Teamviewer are listening and will perhaps consider that having their system do anything other than disconnect at session end is a bad idea.  This also applies to the end of session notice that it puts up right in the middle of the remote PC screen (Very annoying if like me you use it to set up screen recording sessions on a remote PC in another country)

• Discord37

I reverted my Win 10 comp that I remote to mostly to 12.0.6447 and it doesn't lock now. I really don't like using older versions for this type of app. I also have feedbacked their notice messages on disconnect. Sometimes 2 come up and if you have more than 2 you cannot log back in remotely unelss you have something else like chrome. So if you reconnect and something kicks you off before you can click them you are locked from your computer until you get to it in person or as I do now have chrome remote as a backup.

Win 10
  • warrior161
    warrior161 Posts: 3

I've reverted everything back to version 11, having completely removed all references to Teamviewer from Hard Drives and registry. Thought it resolved the issue but it came back. Only cure was to have remote computers log on automatically. Not a good solution. Teamviewer have had a long time to resolve this and haven't. I suspect they have no intention of doing so.

Julia from the Teamviewer Staff posted in March that we would be kept informed on this thread. But we've heard no more.

• Julia
    Hi all,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    We will roll out a fix with the next release but we do not know when this will be published. I will of course inform you, when we published it.

Cheers
    Julia
  • TimNNS
    TimNNS Posts: 1

Is there any update to this?  It is a pretty big deal causing a great deal of inconvenience.

• chris_w
    chris_w Posts: 1

a fix for 12 or 13?

• skrambam
    skrambam Posts: 2
    Why is there no answer to this very common question?
  • Hi, I dont know Why Tamviewer gives no answer.

I did receive a massage with :

Dear Sir or Madam,
    Thank you for getting back to us.
    We got some news from our developers that this is unfortunately a known problem in the current version. Our developers are working on this matter.
    We will contact you as soon as we receive further information. 
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

That was all.... never a word after that....

I will retry to see what they do about this

• asw122
    asw122 Posts: 2

Julia is there any update on this? Its a huge inconvenience and its now July. The issue was raised in March and you last updated in May. So 4 months since inception and 2 months since update. You're not exactly cultivating happy customers here.

• Can we get an update now about:

1. When the fix will be published.
    2. Which Versions will receive the fix.
    3. Why there is/was such a lack of communication on your part.

We are very unhappy with this situation.

Thank you.
  • Julia

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience.

We published an InsiderBuild today with a fix for the problem (find out more about InsiderBuilds in our Knowledgebase). The fix will also be published in our next official release.

Cheers,

Julia
  • asw122
    asw122 Posts: 2
    @Julia wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience.

We published an InsiderBuild today with a fix for the problem (find out more about InsiderBuilds in our Knowledgebase). The fix will also be published in our next official release.

Cheers,

Can you please give us an approximate time frame for when an insider feature will be deployed to the main version? This has been going for 4 months already, so we'd very much like to know how much longer our software will be operating without full functionality - are we talking a couple of days, a couple of weeks or the order of months?

• glnz
    glnz Posts: 44

Same issue, using TV from my work Win 7 Pro 64-bit PC to access my home Win 7 Pro 64-bit PC.

ALSO - and I think this is related - Teamviewer will change the screen "Appearance" settings on the target (Master?) PC.  It does this erratically but frequently when I'm at my 7 PC and use TV to access my home XP machine - it turns on "Fade" on the XP machine in Display Properties - Advanced - Effects.

• I enabled the insider builds in V12 client and have yet to see any update (>1h since enabling). When searching for updates I only get the misleading "Update to V13 now".

Can you please provide a little more than the bare minimum of information?!

1. Does this insider build address the issues in V12?
    2. What is the resulting build number/minor version after this "fix".

More questions that need to be answered:

1. Will V12 receive the fix in the "next official Release"?
    2. When will this Relase begin to be rolled out?