teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Cevap
    Cevap Posts: 1

Hi, I am using TeamViewer only for private use. Family and Friends. 

I am using a personal VPN for Bussines. 

Now it says that I am using the Software as a Bussines product and the Connection terminates after a few minutes. 

I filled out the form for the TeamViewer Personal Use Verification over a week ago a few times and no reply. Does anyone have a solution or a recommendation for another software of this kind? Thank you.

• Tegoide
    Tegoide Posts: 14

Any suggestion ?

• Dear support!

I'm using Teamviewer as Personal purpose! But last week I got this pop up message: COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED!

I have got support from Teamview, he told me:

teamview.JPG

But I don't know where I can restart teamview via “Connection à Exit TeamViewer” for the changes to take effect.

Thanks!

no have signature right now LOL. My home Car cb radios
  • schmak01
    schmak01 Posts: 6

I started getting these popups too, I used TV for my family computers, we have quite a few, but it is a lot easier for me to support them via TeamViewer.  I wish they had a family license, or private license, something not as costly as the commerical, using it on 5 computers called "PiHole" "Dad'sComputer" "mom'sComputer" "gameroomcomputer" "linuxbox" shouldn't trigger the commercial view, but again if they had an affordable non-commercial retail license I would gladly pay.  $49/month though for a family of 3 is kinda crazy.

• diya3646
    diya3646 Posts: 1

please i clicked on commercial use by mistak and i want it personal use so what i can do please?

• mboufos
    mboufos Posts: 1

Hello,

So  i have 4 pc in my house and i have install the teamv so i can control them. also i have install it on my father,sister,gf pc because i am the only programmer to fix their pcs.

The problem is that after like 1 week of use the teamviewer between my pcs and family pcs also its appear a 5 mins control message which i try to fix it by email to [email protected],.. and it says that only paid users will get support. 

anyone know how can i remove that 5 mins controll message ???

EDIT: also a friend of mine tried to connect to my teamviewer and it says that i use commercial teamv which i dont....

thanks,Mike

• Hey guys so i'm trying to figure out why Teamviewer is timing my sessions every 5 minutes thinking that it's a buisness account when it really isn't. is thre a setting or somerthing i can change to alert teamviewer that i'm remotly controling another personal computer on a personal mater nothing related to buisness? somehow teamviewer is seeing this as a buisness. has anyone been though this or any suggestions would be apreciated.

• this is the message i get from Team VIewer.

TeamViewer Free does not allow connections to customized TeamViewer Clients with your own company logo. Pleaser use the basic Quick Support or the full Version. This session will be terminated after 5 minutes.

• I had used Quick Support for provate use and now I am getting the commercial usage prompt even though I did not use Quick Support for commercial usage. Also I did not even know that Quick Support was only meant for commercial usage. Somebody please help.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,020 Moderator

Hi mboufos

Thank you for your message.

Please visit https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/ , and  fill out the form so we can confirm that you only wish to use TeamViewer for personal / non-commercial purposes. 

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Community Moderator/ コミュニティモデレーター
  • Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,020 Moderator

Hi diya3646,

Thank you for using TeamViewer.

If you accidentally chose the wrong option during installation and only want to use TeamViewer for personal use, we would like to assist you in resolving the issue.

Please visit https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/ , and fill out the form so we can confirm that you only wish to use TeamViewer for personal / non-commercial purposes.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Kind regards,

Community Moderator/ コミュニティモデレーター
  • msmoby
    msmoby Posts: 1

I am not using TV commerically and certainly do not have 50 plus devices 

Was trying to remote control my Wife's mobile in another country and got the message - if you want to use quick support - buy a licence ? 

Has never shown this message before 

• When I connect to my Uncle's PC it says commercial use detected. And it continues when I connect with my own PC with my phone to Remote Control it.
  • I was having trouble downloading team viewer and my lenova support team accidentally loaded the business team viewer and when I delete, it wont let me download the personal free version.

How do I submit a request to fix this immediately

• I'm having the same problem.  My lenova team ordered the business by mistake and I can't use it now and need the personal free version.  If you find the answer could you let me know.

How do you submit a ticket to correct

• rstime
    rstime Posts: 1

Dears,

I'm from Modena, Italy, and I use Teamviewer only for personal use, I’m not a professionist, and don't use teamviewer in my actual profession. I've several pc and virtual machine in my private house, but I'm only an amateur.
    I do not use Teamviewer for professional or commercial use but the program say me that there is an  suspect that I use it for professional or commercial use. What can I do?

• ruthan
    ruthan Posts: 1

Hello,
    i got false commercial use detection, how to fix it, i cant submit a ticket, because i do have comercial licence number..

• Hello,

I want to give some feedback on TeamViewer.

Problems:

Additional ideas and requests: please reset my license.

My system details (OS etc):windows 10 pro 64 bit

License: My trial lic has been expired i want to reset the license to home and personal use please give me some tips on this email id [personal mailaddress removed by moderator]

Regards,

Piyush gupta
  • lorrai
    lorrai Posts: 2

Good evening
    Having installed the commercial version by mistake, I can not, after uninstallation and reinstallation, have the free version.
    Every time I receive the notification saying "your trial version has expired" and therefore can not use the free version
    Could you help me to be able to use the free version again

thank you in advance
    cordially

• My name is Jorge Mattos I live in Brazil, I have a disease called ALS Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, I use a computer with an eye tracer, tobii eye 4c tracker, I just move the eyes, I help other remote patients by TeamViewer, I do not charge anything for the service, totally voluntary for free, I do not get paid for it, TeamViewer is giving a suspicious message of use! What can I do to prove that I do not use it for commercial purposes?

• barriere
    barriere Posts: 1

Hello the connection time is limited to 5 minutes. I am part of a 3rd age association and I am responsible for the IT department. All repairs are free because it's volunteer. How to return to an unlimited connection. Thanks

• My name is Jorge Mattos I live in Brazil, I have a disease called ALS Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, I use a computer with an eye tracer, tobii eye 4c tracker, I just move the eyes, I help other remote patients by TeamViewer, I do not charge anything for the service, totally voluntary for free, I do not get paid for it, TeamViewer is giving a suspicious message of use! What can I do to prove that I do not use it for commercial purposes?

For God's sake help me not use for commercial use.

• cbarr0003
    cbarr0003 Posts: 1

Apparently my account has been flagged for commercial use and I can no longer log into my servers and computers. Is there away to unflag my account?

• Hello, i'm using teamvieiwer only for personal use. why i have limit 5min ??

• Avirex
    Avirex Posts: 2

Hello,
    As soon as I create a meeting in Teamviewer 13, it ends after about 5-10 minutes by itself. What a pity, I have this error only recently. I also use Teamviewer in the private sector very much. There was also the message suspected of commercial use. What can I do there? I do not really think I can buy a license, as long as I only use it privately. And I did not want to switch to other programs. I use Windows 10.

• JoeNgan
    JoeNgan Posts: 3

I use it private! 

I just connect to my home from school.

I just connect to the home to play online games from school.

Not used for any other purpose.

Please check the connection records or data to confirm

• I am using my own ID in my mobile phone samsung J1 Ace and in my computer also but I am getting message for 5 min activation and the connection goes out again and again. As I am a individual person and do not use teamviewer for any commercial use then for what reason this is deemed for commercial purpose and connection is denied. Pleae advise.

• JoeNgan
    JoeNgan Posts: 3

I just use my mobile phone to watch the progress of the online game.

• Avirex
    Avirex Posts: 2

Nobody can help here ?

• rishu
    rishu Posts: 1

Actually my laptop"s timezone wass disturbed due to which teamviewer thought that i am using it commercially and expired my licence. what should i do?