Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• radicor
    radicor Posts: 5

Can a moderator please help???

by the way I've tried calling support several times

they are not very helpful on on this other than trying to convince me that someone helping my friend and family is actually commercial use.. LOL

• alpo52
    alpo52 Posts: 4

I have the same problem.. Please Help!

• lobmo78
    lobmo78 Posts: 3

For some reason TeamViewer just started prompting me this on one of my devices? Both devices are in my home, and the device that is causing the issue is literally connected to a pinball machine to play Pinball FX on. Is there any reason, or perhaps setting that I would have accidentally set myself that caused this? I also noticed that it has this computer set to Company Managed as well when I look at all my devices? Any assistance here would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Rckhnd
    Rckhnd Posts: 2
    edited June 17

Same issue! Called to get support (twice) and was told that there's no way to be connected to tech support …… !!!!! Heck - took me over an hour to be able to log in here. I'm so disappointed! Love the product, but not sure what happened today. Would be happy to pay for a personal usage account that doesn't break the bank!!!

• Rckhnd
    Rckhnd Posts: 2

Yes, please!

• lobmo78
    lobmo78 Posts: 3

Totally agree. For as little as I use it, they should have a cheaper tier for personal use. I literally will need it about 15min at a time just to update windows, and a new Pinball games to the table, maybe once a month. II am wondering if we installed the wrong version though. Never had this happen in the 15 years I have been using TeamViewer.

• Jorel
    Jorel Posts: 2

need for personal use

• frkndrekk
    frkndrekk Posts: 2

I get a commercial use error what should I do,we only use it with my girlfriend

• Spreewald
    Spreewald Posts: 2

When I use Teamviewer connecting to another computer it will kick me out and say "Session timed out", and then it says "You're using Teamviewer in a commercial setting". These popups are shown in the images below. I would understand this as a mistake that I got flagged for, however at the top, it clearly states that I'm using a free license. I appreciate any help you can provide!

• Lavode
    Lavode Posts: 1

I am a free license, and over the last two months, whenever I try to connect to one of my family's computers, it connects for about 10 seconds and then times out. It doesn't give me any reason for this other than something like "your session has timed out." I am not a professional, I only connect to my family's devices. I thought that was supported/authorized use? How do I use this program? I can't afford any of the paid tiers, and since I'm not a professional, I don't think I should have to. Any advice would be welcome, this is extremely frustrating, and I'm considering giving up on TeamViewer.

• dforootan
    dforootan Posts: 1
    edited June 18

I use TeamViewer only for personal use but all of a sudden I somehow have my account have a 5 minute limitation on usage. Please fix!

• fjnlsa11
    fjnlsa11 Posts: 2

Hello I am using the Teamviewer for Personal Use. I ony use it for a few minutes a day to connect to 2 personal computers on local network. I am getting a message about Commercial Use and then it shuts down the connection (this is ony after a few seconds). I have contacted Teamviewer Support about the issue but I haven't heard back. Any info on how i can resolve this issue is appreciated. Thank you.

• Yts
    Yts Posts: 10
    edited June 18

I use only my pc group not ather all time is close i have 4 pc and myobile to inside my pc and its crash after 1 minet i have gruop for all fust inside [removed per Community Guidelines]

• Yts
    edited June 18

I use only my pc group not ather all time is close i have 4 pc and myobile to inside my pc and its crash after 1 minet i have gruop for all fust inside [removed per Community Guidelines]

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 588 Moderator

Hello @Yts,

Welcome to our Community!

In order to assist, we require more information. Could you please explain in more detail? Did you encounter an error message, and if so, what did it say?

Thanks in advance.

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español

• Speedbird1942
    Speedbird1942 Posts: 3
    edited June 18

can I with my licence have contact with a PC free of

• I must wait to next month to add another PC on my list .

I cannot contact a other PC wich is freew of licence

• The_Misfit
    The_Misfit Posts: 2
    edited June 18

Hello. My account is now timing out every 30-60 seconds.

I connect from my work computer to my home computer during the week. Most things here at work are blocked (except for TeamViewer and a handful of websites). When work is slow there are things I can do online but need my home PC to do so.

We have no use for TV in a business setting, our corporate office has a different product on our PC's for troubleshooting etc. I ONLY use this to connect to my home PC, or to my sister in-law's PC to check her computer's health - that's it.

There is no business being conducted. I previously had to set up an account to prevent this issue, but now that's not working. What options do I have and is there a way to contact TV to discuss other than posting here?

• ravindradg
    ravindradg Posts: 3
    edited June 18

Hello,

I am using TV on 3 of my laptops as private user. But I am constantly logged out with message that it is used in commercial setting.

Please help.

• Yts

When i connect my pc after 1 minte it cancel all 4 user its my pc an my mobile i dont use for custumer i have group team just from my pc please fix it

• Yts

Please fix it

• Jerryb1
    Jerryb1 Posts: 2
    edited June 18

How can I continue using my free account.

• NTXH
    NTXH Posts: 5
    edited June 18

Why is it constantly popping up that a commercial use has been detected. Now i am not able to long into my home pc at all. Have had this issue before and filled out the Reclaim your Free Version form and got it fixed, only to have it a couple of weeks later lock me out again.

I filled out Reclaim your Free Version form a week ago and still no response or help.

How can I get this issue resolved permanently and now have to have this happen over and over again?

• Scottie10nt
    Scottie10nt Posts: 2

Hi, i have been using Teamviewer free version 15.54.6 for private use on 2 remote PC's with no problems. Using team viewer today it keeps logging me out every 5 mins and saying (see below) can some one help and point me in the right direction. i have no license for a free version. thank you

• NTXH
    NTXH Posts: 5
    edited June 18

Went through all the steps and now my account is marked as commercial user and locked me out and after filling out the form to reinstate it, no response or solution.

This is just not right!

• DWKay
    DWKay Posts: 2

I use team viewer primarily to assist my elderly parents who live some distance from me.

Recently I have been getting the commercial use banner up when connecting, and if booted, unable to log back in immediately, causing them distress

This account is not being used commercially.

I may occasionally connect through a local network on wifi, which is using a VPN...

However all connections are made to PC's in my list, and never by manually entering an address.

Can this account please be unflagged.

• Ishness
    Ishness Posts: 2

I keep getting this message even though I don't use Teamviewer commercially. In fact, I hardly ever use it. I've used teamviewer to manage my computers at home, or friends/families computers. Maybe 6 in total, with 3 being my own computers/laptops at home. This has happened several times over the years and I cannot get it to go away. I think I've submitted tickets in the past but now, being a free user, I can't. What can I do and how to I get TeamViewer to fix the way they look for commercial use?

• ammar6221
    ammar6221 Posts: 1

time out problem,
    I only use the program to help my mom and not for Commercial work

• Ang32
    Ang32 Posts: 1

So i see teamviewer is becoming more and more garbage, and ontop of that, now they don't offer support for free users. 2 years ago they banned me because i connected to a relatives "work" computer that they had in their house so i could increase the screen zoom for them. they had real support though at the time and un banned me i assume because they record what you do, and could see that that was all i did. but now ive been connecting into my laptop a lot and leaving the connection running overnight, and now im being banned for it because they want me to pay. so what can i do?