Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Fathi
    Fathi Posts: 7

Hello

i have been useing teamviewer for many years Privat, and since last week i get msg that i use it for business but iam not i only use it for privat(my home pc, my laptop, my wifes laptop, my brothers pc and fathers pc)!!!!! and now iam limited 1 min connectionand 10min coldown..help me pls

• XenoDrake
    XenoDrake Posts: 5
    @owenegan wrote:

Yeah, I know Gmail isn't Teamviewer, and I'm not all grumpypants because my free software went away.  Those weren't really my points.

Teamviewer's sudden kicking off thousands of (claimed) non-commercial users was either a business decision, or it wasn't.

• If it wasn't a business decision, it suggests gross incompetence in their detection algorithm.
    • If it was a business decision, I feel it was a very poor one.  Because...

They could have sent suspected naughty people a notice that their access would be cut in X days if they couldn't provide evidence of private use. They chose not to do that, but just cut people off.

This move, if intentional, presumably was designed to convert free users to paid ones.  Maybe it's a brilliant plan and is working like a charm.  But from the point of view of this particular user, the way they pulled the rug out from under folks makes it much less likely any future remote-control-software money of mine will go their way.

In my case, I had just driven home to Canada after installing a computer for a friend in Massachusetts. He's a 65-year-old farmer who kind of thinks the internet = AOL. So, remote access to his computer is direly needed if I am to help him take his first steps with his shiny new Gmail account.  So,  the sudden Teamviewer banishment isn't the end of the world, but it's gonna be painful talking him through setting up **Third Party Product**

For what it's worth, **Third Party Product** did a similar thing years ago. They originally offered both free and paid services.  Then they decided to eliminate the free option.  Did they suddenly accuse people of violating their terms and cut them off without notice?  Nope.  They announced the decision and allowed their customers time to find another service, or pay for a subscription. Was it ethics, or just the thought that angering thousands of potential customers might be a Bad Idea?  Who knows.

Anyway, once I get back to the farmer in Mass and my Aunt's computer in Connecticut, all my puters will then be migrated to the shiny chrome train, so I've mainly moved on. But this sends me emails whenever people post, and much like a car crash, it's hard not to look.

My point still remains that I think this was a sudden accident. I doubt that Teamviewer would all of the sudden get an influx of these issues a month and a half ago, but then be willing to return the accounts to normal. The product is nearly $600 a year. I doubt anyone using it for personal use is interested in purchasing the product for anything non-commercial use. Teamviewer I'm sure would realize that nobody is buying the product through this issue, but are waiting for them to fix it or are moving to other services.

You are providing two options, but I see you more stressing the more extreme option over the other, and I can't help but think it is out of spite of not being able to help your friend and Aunt out, which is understandable. But I honestly doubt Teamviewer would make this decision and it not come to light by now. They have clearly stated since that they are not trying to force users to the commercial platform and are willing to fix the account if a ticket submission is made. Sadly the amount of submissions and the fact that they are free accounts means it will take a while.

I'm sorry that this has hurt your ability to help you friends and family. Trust me, it has hurt my ability as well. I do technical support for a living using a different service, but I offer my services for no charge to close friends and family... With Teamviewer unavailable at this point it is making it fairly tough to work on machines with a lot of the options being unuseable.

• nickelj
    nickelj Posts: 2

German Text below:
    I completely agree with the previous speakers and my consequence is that I switch to "[edited by moderator]", a pity because TV is actually a good product, but this rip-off is simply unbearable.

Ich bin völlig mit meinen "Vorrednern" einverstanden und meine Konsequenz ist, dass ich zu "[edited by moderator]" wechsle, schade weil TV eigentlich ein gutes Produkt ist, aber diese Abzocke ist einfach unerträglich.

• macshane
    macshane Posts: 7

I switch to [edited by moderator]; it is mac, ios, android, window compatible. For my kind of use, i don't see any difference between it and TV. Oh, yes, there is one... no problem of commercial detecting use.

;)

• treptowers
    treptowers Posts: 18 ✭✭

Facebook the Teamviewer team wrote :

We understand your frustration and we apologize for the inconvenience. In order to continue using TeamViewer again, our support team has to investigate each case and resolve any issue. Therefore, you have to fill out the form in our community: http://bit.ly/2HNAuZh and then you will receive a ticket ID. Please note that we constantly endeavor to support our customers and give them the best service. We kindly ask for your patience.
    Best, ... 

This can not be the right way. So i have to say Goodbye to Teamviewer !

• nickelj
    nickelj Posts: 2
    German Text below:
    Oh what a shame to have the names of the competition deleted by the moderator.
    Dear Teamviewer Support instead of controlling every contribution of a frustrated customer, put this efficiency into processing the opened tickets, this makes a thousand times more sense, above all you annoy every customer even more and believe me EVERYONE here is so sick of it and finds an alternative, that is as safe as the next sunrise.

Best regards from Switzerland to Göppingen

Oh welch ein Armutszeugnis die Namen der Konkurrenz vom Moderator löschen zu lassen.
    Lieber Teamviewer Support anstelle jeden Beitrag eines frustrierten Kunden zu kontrollieren, steckt diese Effizienz doch lieber in das bearbeiten der eröffneten Tickets, macht tausendmal mehr Sinn, vor allem ärgert ihr jeden Kunden nur noch mehr und glaubt mir JEDER hier hat sowas von die Schnauze voll und findet eine Alternative, das ist so sicher wie der nächste Sonnenaufgang.

Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz nach Göppingen
  • macshane
    macshane Posts: 7

TV moderator’s team are really really fast.

I suggest that moderator’s team takes the place of Ticket ID’s Commercial Used Detected resolutionTeam.

About moderation… it is very strange that is forbidenn to speak about an other software here. 

On the Playstation forum, we speak about Xbox without problem, even with the price of the boxes. On Adobe forum, we talk about sketch, about Maya on 3DS max forum, etc.

I think this is call « liberty of expression » in english.

mc.

sorry for bad english.

• I was pretty sure i picked 'personal' when installing, but must have picked commercial as the trial expired on my new laptop. I use this to manage my personal PCs, so don't need a commercial license. I uninstalled and reinstalled (on windows 10) selecting 'personal' for sure, but it's remembering the commercial install. How do I clear the old install?

• aricassel
    aricassel Posts: 2

I am a personal user. Allworked normal and well for years. Suddenly Teamviewer blocks my account saying that I'm using for business purposes. Tried to get this corrected, now I get access tomy computers for very few minutes at a time.

Don't know how to contact Teamviewer to correct this, nor do I know how to get my account reinstated to normal personal use.

P|lease, someone help me.

• FreeThink
    FreeThink Posts: 1
    I have the same problem.

• calawide
    calawide Posts: 1

At home I have a desktop (Win 10), a router with 100MBit optical fiber connection and an ethernet cable between them. Since 1 month, every time I start Teamviewer, after 30 seconds connection is interrupted saying I have reached my time limit, for 10 minutes I can't reconnect and if I try again I obtain same result (30 seconds connection and stop). The incredible thing is If I use a laptop, connected to the same router via WiFi, everything works!!!!!

Can you help me?

• treptowers
    Nobody can help you here. You must support TV. Or you take a alternative Program. Support TV and answer takes up to 30 days.
  • waces
    waces Posts: 29 ✭✭

yes, the problem exists for months, for many many users. tw never answered any support call saying it's a free product and but the "business" edition to get support (obviously the tool is way to **bleep**ty to pay a cent for this).
    If I want to spend money, will but **Third Party Product**. If you want to use a free product use **Third Party Product** (it has the same, central, web based interface like TW, so your machines can be reached pretty much everywhere). Stay away from TW as it's just the ruined version of a once trusted company.

• Kjouve
    Kjouve Posts: 1

Hi,

I don't use Teamviewer very often but time to time when someone of my family has a problem with his computer (old people and technology ;-)) - But today I can't use TeamViewer because they suspect a professional use, which is not the case at all. Maybe it's because I use my professional email address ? Is there a solution or do I have to go toward an alternative software. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day

• After 3-4 week i received this, thks teamviewer team ;) :

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer account has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.
  • denischti59
    denischti59 Posts: 1

The same for me after 2 weeks

• Fab
    Fab Posts: 7 Staff member 🤠

Dear All,

Thank you for your numerous feedback and comments on this topic. We created an updated version of our Knowledge Base article which includes answers to the most common questions.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

@DidierBarbe :

It seems there is a little mistake in our mailing.
    We refered to the "TeamViewer ID" that has been reset and not the "TeamViewer account".

We apologize for the mistake and wish you lot of fun with TeamViewer.

Fabien

• Bogmore
    Bogmore Posts: 8

Got an email telling me it was fixed and it wasn't.  All I did was connect to a machine on my network after getting the all clear email and it was back.

I think the detection system is as follows, "Have Windows 10 Pro = SetTrue", It was cheaper than Windows 10 home so I bought it for one machine.

I replied to the email telling them what I did and that it's fubared again.

Also I can't have used it for business as for the last month I have been unempolyed.  I start another job in a few weeks.

• mcjb009
    mcjb009 Posts: 1

TeamViewer thinks I'm using the software commercially! There is surely a problem with the detection system because I have a home network and I use Team Viewver for personal purposes only. More than a week ago, I had the "Commercial Use Detected" popup, and I can only use my connection for a few minutes at a time? Can you tell me how to reset my free subscription?

• Jbib
    Jbib Posts: 11 ✭✭
    English :

Hello,
    Detection conditions for commercial use have been strengthened.
    If you are using Teamviewer for personal and private use, please apply for a recovery for personal use here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/
    It takes between 20 to 30 days for a recovery of the account if the analysis shows that your activity is personal and private.
    jbib

French :

Bonjour,
    Les conditions de détection pour usage commercial ont été renforcées.
    Si vous utilisez Teamviewer pour un usage personnel et privé à titre gracieux faite une demande de rétablissement pour usage personnel ici : https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/
    Il faut compter entre 20 à 30 jours pour un rétablissement du compte si l’analyse montre que votre activité est personnelle et privée.
    jbib
  • jeet
    jeet Posts: 1

Hello,
    I meet a problem with my teaViewer account. Indeed, suddendly, a popup informed me that a profesional use has been detected whereas it is not absolutely the case.
    Could you grant me again personal access profile ?
    Many thanks in advance for your support.
    Do not hesitate if you need further information.
    Kind Regards,

• treptowers
    Only Post 1 ist the solution. Teamviever is not more trustworthy
  • Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello everyone ! Glad to having found your community :smileyvery-happy:

According to JoshP request, I try to provide an English translation of my former topic that I posted in French (sorry for my low English level ! Hope I'll be understood... ).

Working with Windows 7 x64.

I used TeamViewer for many years (only private use, (free) to help some friends and relatives, about twice or 3 times a month, never more).

After encountering a problem (probably :  'Suspected commercial use') all my TV sessions was shut down after a few seconds with a message like : "Your trial session has expired" !  I've submitted this problem to TV team, I only received a ticket ID : 4205002 by returned 'No reply'  e-mail,  but I've never got any reply as a solution :catsad:  :smileyfrustrated:).

So, I completely uninstalled TV 13, and try to reinstall it.

But I can't reinstall it anymore. See the inserted image. The setup hangs at the step :  'Installing TeamViewer service' ... this has not moved for more than an hour. I'm afraid I'll have to stop the process and give up.

Thank you to those who would be kind enough to bring me a solution. :catvery-happy:

Andre75 (from Paris)

TeamViewer setup failure.JPG

• Thank You for the info!

I didn't realized **Third Party Product** had a free version for family use.
    Will try it! :)

-= Zsolt =-

• waces

That's **bleep** again. First of all, if you _think_ someone use this app for commercial way you need to _prove_ it first instead if banning. Also, it not require for 20+ days [This sentence removed by Moderator] to check. And finally you banned mainly personal users because your so called verificationml method is simply not working.
    Additionally, you not care about your customers at all (no response for the forum entries, e-mails, etc). You act like a orincess i stead of saying, yes,sorry,we made a mistake,here is a complementary gift.
    But no,you're still redirecting the users to the "verification" page and let them wait for a month to something happens and if they are lucky you unblock them. If not,they still be blocked for a non existing reason.
    Would you please tell is the "very sophisticated" method you use to mark a user as commercial usaler? I assume it's simply a randomly selected accounts in the backend (in my example there were two machines in my home config,freshly built and installed the tw acconut one by one. One marked as personal,other marked as commercial. Sophisticated as **bleep**)

• waces

Szivesen :)

(It works well for entry level supporting household machines. Obviously you should move forward to subscription based one if needed. It's still better than tw especially on non-windows devices.)

DEVICE ACCESS
    For non-commercial use only
    [The price removed by Moderator]
    Limited to 5 remote computers
    and 3 users
    Cloud connections only
    At0tended and unattended access
    Desk-side install required

• I HAVE filled in the form in the link you posted 3 WEEKS ago and I have had nothing back, no ID ticket nothing at all its just a scam to force people to guy a commercial product that is MASSIVLY overpriced when you say they can use it for free for personal use 

• Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi everyone who is following up this topic.

I am one more who was trapped into this problem. And, looking for a solution, reaching this TV community... I realize that I'm far to be alone in that trapp !

So funny the reply got on FB (that is reported below) : "... you have to fill out the form in our  communityhttp://bit.ly/2HNAuZh  and then you will receive a ticket ID." !!! ... Then ??? What else to get an efficient and true help ?... This kind of response can be so easily copy & paste thousand times that it seems to be the easier, and most used way found out by TV team to "solve" this problem !

Actually, I did it yet, and I've received a ticket ID indeed (should I say : "already not so bad !"  ?)... it's been 8 days ago... Since I've got this ticket ID, nothing else is happened. My sessions kept on being shut down after a few seconds with the same message : "Closed as over limit time"  (something like that) ! (And, of course, I'm not using TV at  a so called "professional use", and I never did it).

Then, what am I wondering now ?... If I was the boss of a company that's planning to use  paying versions on many computers, if it was essential for my business, I would be very scared that TV team has the same "interest"  to solve any TeamViewer issue which could happen in my company... How to be confident in someone who obviously doesn't care one's customers ? (A free use in family, can be also a paying customer "outside").

And so sorry that I am only a victim, among many others, instead of beeing able to help those who have been trapped like me !

Andre75

• KampfKraut
    KampfKraut Posts: 10 ✭✭

How long do you have to wait for the re-activation? I'm waiting 15 days to be unlocked again. Strangely, only 1 desktop PC and 1 gaming laptop was locked (on the TeamViewer is installed) on another desktop PC it still works (despite the message that it is an incorrect use of the program)