Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Napo3
    Napo3 Posts: 1
    edited July 2022

that **bleep** dude. I've been having problems too, they've gotten much worse I think. Seeing this probably makes it the last straw for me too. maybe I'll start looking for something else.

• Conmiro
    Conmiro Posts: 1
    Yea dude this happened to my friend too that used to let me watch him develop.
  • RLO
    RLO Posts: 5

So what is it?

• Tinkerstoys1 writes here at Outlook we are still looking for something to use like?

• danxza
    danxza Posts: 2

Yup , I made a thread as well , because I have received two support answers and yet it is still in trial mode and then it will tell me it is expired and then I could not use it , it is a shame what they do.

• What a **bleep** show. Off to **Third Party Product**.

• OldSurferDude
    OldSurferDude Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I filled out the form a couple of weeks ago and nothing has changed. They did say it might take up to 30 days. But in the meantime I could a message that says I can connect but I only have 5 minutes which would be tolerable until the non-commercial use is verified. but the timeout is set to more like 50 seconds which is intolerable and then it's his hour before I can connect to the machine again ! Can the timeout period be fixed?
  • origami
    origami Posts: 12 ✭✭

How many repeat customers do you think this store has?

TeamviewerStore.jpg

• osman68
    osman68 Posts: 1

Everytime i log in from my phone ,keep getting masage commercials usage suspected. Kick me out in 5 mins. Pls help.thnx in advance 

• I had a Problem My id Trial Expired. So I can not use TeamViewer. I am personal user.

please solve it.

My ID : [ID Removed By Moderator]

• kuproom
    kuproom Posts: 2

Hi there!

I am using TeamViewer on personal laptop at home and personal laptop at country house, some more PC like fathers and mothers etс but using it not often.

When I was trying to connect from a coutry laptop to home laptop I had a warning of busines usage and my connection time was limited.

But I dont use it for business cases. Please unblock my account for using. Thanks.

[email removed by moderator]

• Mike55
    Mike55 Posts: 5

Seit den Sommerferien werde ich verdächtigt, ein kommerzieller Nutzer zu sein. Griefe von der Schule aus auf meinen privaten Rechner zu. rein privat. Was ist zu tun? Vielen Dank MfG Mike55

• gisshan
    gisshan Posts: 1

After about a month of waiting for a response to the commercial use detected form, I finally got an email from teamviewer. Their response was that since I connected to my home computer from a business network, I was using it for commercial use. It didn't matter that I never did any control of a work computer, the connection was always from work to home. I have never made any money or gotten any kind of compensation for the use of their software. From their perspective, any connection from a business environment to any environment is commercial use. Personal use is now defined as home network to home network. If I was going to use it only at home, I'd just use remote desktop! I even asked if I could connect from my personal laptop through my cell phone's hotspot to my personal computer at home. This is also commercial use. It has nothing to do with personal or commercial, it is if we can find any way to say that it is commercial, you're going to have to cough up $450 a year. There are other options out there and this is the last straw. There is no excuse for this.

GET OUT BEFORE YOU CAN'T HELP ANYONE

• Nikoas
    Nikoas Posts: 0

Hello, 

we recently started using TeamViewer to support multiple iPads accross Canada. 

1. iPads are running IOS 11.4.1 and 11.3.1. with Quick Support Version 13.2.110220 QS
    2. Windows 10 Computers - Using TeamViewer 13.2.14327 to connect to iPads. 

When connect to iPads for screen sharing after about a mintue we get this message. 

TeamViewer Session will be disconnected in 1 minute. Screen Sharing will continue. 

1 minute after the message a connection comment box appears. 

The iPad is brand new out of the box, it was updated to latest iOS, 11.4.1 and Quick Support app is installed. 

See attached screen shots of issue. 

TM 1 Minute Message.jpgTM Suggestion Box.jpg

• Got this email today after submitting my request: "Dear User:

Thank you for contacting our support team at TeamViewer.

We have reset your device back to private use.

Thank you very much for your attention, and thank you for using TeamViewer.

Best regards / Saludos Cordiales 

Danny Nunez" and it still kicks me off after 5 mins saying commercial use suspected etc. Issue was not resolved. Seemingly, nothing happened. 

• Well, I've used Teamviewer for years and years. I'm retired and a snow-bird. I have several computers I use as well as friends and relatives to maintain. I'm suddenly, after all these years, "commercial". I do have my own mail server and web server. They're not commercial however. My domain was set up in 1994 to help me learn and I just kept it. 

From what I read, apparently having any kind of server makes you commercial. Most of my TV connections are to check my automation (a server) to keep my lights working. I also check my thermostats in the house. 

I put in a ticket some time ago but it, apparently, went the same place my ticker from a year ago went. 

I'd be happy to purchase a license but the price you've set is way out of reach for a guy living off of Social Security. Thanks, however, for all those years of help and support. It's appreciated. 

• sepp
    sepp Posts: 17

Why should TeamViewer give the software away? The software is not for the kindergarten.

Greeting Sepp

• SigmakS
    SigmakS Posts: 1

Until recently, it was probably the best program of its kind on the market. I used it to help my family and friends. Unfortunately, currently it is no longer available as a free license for non-commercial uses.
    Information: "License: free, excluding commercial use" is not true!
    The program always states that it is used commercially. Pathetic!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do niedawna był to chyba najlepszy tego typu program na rynku. Używałem go do pomocy rodzinie i znajomym. Niestety aktualnie nie jest już dostępny w bezpłatna licencja do zastosowań niekomercyjnych.
    Informacja: "Licencja: bezpłatna, z wyłączeniem zastosowań komercyjnych" jest nieprawdziwa!
    Program zawsze stwierdza że jest wykorzystywany komercyjnie. Żałosne!

• Mike55

That's a good idea [removed by moderator]:smileyhappy:

• I have founf a solution however not the best one. Since I have all my data backed up, I decided to reset to the original Windows 10 Pro settings on my client laptop which bascially is the same as re-installing old Windows versions which erases all data unless you choose the option to keep your files only. Since I only use my laptop to use TeamViewer to take over my main computer (host), I didnt have any important data on it. After I reset Windows 10, I reinstalled TeamViewer only on the client laptop, not my main computer which is the host. So far, I have not been getting any warnings regarding commercial use and it's 1 month. Again, this sounds like a harsh solution, however it is a soltion that worked for me. You can keep your same account with all your friends and family on your original account, those will not go away. You still use your same username and password after reinstalling Windows 10 and reinstalling TeamViewer.. Hope this helps.

• Mike55

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

Do you use this support? I tried it now. Hope it works too.

• waces
    waces Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Yes,that's the most pathetic part of all. They "guarantee" 30 days response/fix (which better for them than fix the bug in the so called algorithm in the backend). They simply don't want free users anymore (even the god-complexed admins sais different things). 30 days are enough to choose alternate,free and better solutions.
    Unfortunately teamviewer doesn't care about the free customers anymore. They never resposnse any tickets or requests (the admins of tbis forum are not tv supporters), they simply ignore them. That's the fact.
  • I've tried it now lets when they revert, earlier i did it multiple times and as usual teamviewer team is sleeping over the tickets!!!

• MikeATL
    MikeATL Posts: 1

Same situation as everyone else... been using TV Free version to connect to my home PC for years and then out of the blue I’m now “commercial” with no warning this was going to happen and no grace period to resolve it or switch.   The “5 minute” restriction which barely lasts one minute might as well just be a total block (how hard is it to write code to count to 5???)

Are they really saying that personal use has to be “residence to residence”?   I can have a free license to connect to my home PC, but I can’t be at a hotel or restaurant when I use it?  That seems totally ridiculous - did anyone at TV HQ actually think this through?

TV is a great product and I’d be willing to live with reasonable restrictions on the free version (or even pay for a Personal version with some limitations.).  They could have implemented such a change with lots of communication and a transition time and probably converted some feee users to paid users,  but all they’ve done now is **bleep** people off.   Another great example of avoidable brand destruction.

• Anyone using the[removed by moderator] in Win10?

• Mike55

I don´t know any way, to use it in the internet exept DynDns. And you can´t share the desktop with the user at the computer. Isn´t it?

• easy solved by switching to [removed by moderator]

forever free!!!

• This is **bleep**! It's not the first time I had this happen and when they log in and see it on my computer they see it's just 2 home computers connected so I don't have to walk across the room. I'm so sick of being told I'm using it for business when I'm not. I'm seldom even home anymore and when I finally am it's accuses me of something ridiculous. I can't even delete and re-install because it still thinks one or more computers is doing work instead of just using it to load VLC or check facebook.

• I too have been plagued by this annoying misguided algorythm. Best solution is to completely uninstall all traces of TV. Scan your hard drive for all things call TV and delete. Change/Spoof your MAC Address. Reboot. And clean install TV. No more Commercial Popup.