Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• waces
    waces Posts: 29 ✭✭
    The main problem that there is no algorythm. Never was. They just randomli use the select user from users where license = free query on the backend.
    That’s why we never get answer from them (no, the low skilled admins with high level of god complex knowledge ends in moderation, they are not technical people, so not expect answer from them. That’s not their job, not their knowledge), that’s why no working support exists for free users (this forum is a self-helping discussion between the users, but noone from tv ever read it or answer any wuestions).
    The simple goal is to reduce the number of free users. It’s simple. If the user can be turned as a licensed user is a win. If not but leave tv is also a win as the same resources will be used by less users mean better performance for the few payed customers.
    So, the only option is to move to any other, free or payed alternative as tv won’t change it. It’s not in their interest. Now they have enough payed customers, they are working with big companies using their product as a built in solution so need no more free users.
    It can be achieved in two ways. Like **Third Party Product** did to send out a note saying thats the company decision take it or leave it or like tv did without notification, explanation, just hiding in the bush.
    But one thing is sure. There is no such thing as “secret algoryth”, but have a few coders who are not so good to fix a month long issue, have 0 qa, 0 customer support. That’s all, but please, noone start to believe in some mythical algorythm .
  • Jager67
    Jager67 Posts: 3

I use teamviewer to remote to my home PC if I forget a file or need to view a photo or program on that PC. But now I get about 3 seconds to try an remote in because it want's me to buy a license but I'm using it for personal use like I checked in the box when installing teamviewer. I don't know what to do please can anyone help me?

• normhal
    normhal Posts: 2

Well, I must chip in again:-)

Even though I got the message warning of commercial use, I could still continue to use TV, I've never been "blocked".

Secondly, I yesterday received a message from TV stating my account had been reset to Free, and so it is. I no longer get the warning:-)

In my humble opinion, I would be prepared to pay a nominal fee for a (permanent, non subscription) personal/non commercial license for say 10 partners, and have the ability to remove redundant partner names from the list. At the moment my account has become quite cluttered with my experiments across multiple platforms and I cann't find a way to remove them:-(

• What would be a different tool to replace TV?

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

None that I can find that are worthwhile & free.

• OzRob
    OzRob Posts: 5

I am currenlty trying *third party software* (do a search without the space). It is similar to TV but it can be used for business use. However, with the free version you can only connect for up to 17 hours a month. This is OK for my purposes.

• @OzRob wrote:

I am currenlty trying *third party software* (do a search without the space). It is similar to TV but it can be used for business use. However, with the free version you can only connect for up to 17 hours a month. This is OK for my purposes.

Thanks. I found it. Will test it later. Do you know any software that also allow to control mobile phones from a computer?

• After a few years of non-commercial use, Teamviewer recently shut down my non-commercial access claiming it was commercial. So there is now no free version available as advertised. The advertising needs to change to be truthful. Do yourself and Teamviewer a favor - since they don't want free users, try an alternative that's really free as advertised, like *third party software*, which does everything you'll need for non-commercial access.

• Hi all!

I don't know why I receive this message. I help my friends, they're using different version of Windows (7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Home / Professional). I've never took any money for helping them. During last month, I've cleaned up my „TeamViewer contact list”, connected to bunch of new machines. I don't know why you accuse me of commercial usage? Because of what? That - for example - someone who works in non-profit organisation is using a machine with Windows 10 Pro? How can I prove to you, that I'm not using TeamViewer commercially, but for helping m friends?

• jnsson
    jnsson Posts: 1

Same here, just got it too

• Same here.  Just got it also.

AND:  THis happened to me about 1 month ago. I used online form  and about 2 weeks later all was fixed.. BUT NOW IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

What?

• CroCan
    CroCan Posts: 3

The same here.

I just complained again.

• CroCan
    CroCan Posts: 3

Yes, with **Third Party Product** you can connect 5 pc's for free using cloud connection.

But TeamViewer performance is still a bit better.

• Boxallw
    Boxallw Posts: 9

Just move to **Third Party Product** . Free/OpenSource and works very well.

• Glassdub

Cannot use clipboard w/o paying.

• I have been using TV's browser based connection to my home computers since my work's Sophos firewall system won't allow any kind of remote connection software. There are, to the best of my knowledge only four Remote connection options that can use a browser as the remote. I haven't succeeded using Chrome's and two of the four I'm not yet sure of. I need to test them first. However, one thus far is passing with flying colors and will likely provide a huge competition for TV. **Third Party Product**They have a personal use version that is free for up to five computers. They also have pretty cheap sounding "professional" versions. I'm pretty impressed so far (just used it for a day).

• Hi to all!

Despite having my account reset to FREE license use twice within 2 weeks, after a false commercial usage issue, I am still encountering issues & notifications with:

1. Keep getting the prompt that commesrcial usage detected/suspected
    2. Any connection I try resets/disconnects in 5mins or less & cannot reconnect for 10-15mins after that.

The above symptoms are observed just after the reset for the FREE usage.

My setup is fairly simple. I have installed TV on 5 - 6 PC of family and friends and I have linked them under my account (I believe that for 3 of these devices I am logged on with my credentials). Then I have set-up Remote connection with password, so I dont need to ask for passwords when trying to connect.

What I have tried up to now, after the reset of the license from the Teamviewer team is:

1. Re-install TV13 on my macbook.
    2. Created a new TV account in case there was some sort of glitch with my old account

but none of these seem to work.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  

• Same here. TV 12 (now upgraded to 13), on MacBook.

• @Boxallw wrote:

Just move to **Third Party Product**. Free/OpenSource and works very well.

Not easy to install for my friends whom I help with their computer problems.

• Glassdub

You have to pay for their Cloud account to use the clipboard so for the second time No Dice.

• Yep works well. Nice and easy to use as well.

• I checked the [deleted by moderator] software out and it is only Windows software. I have been a very happy and appreciative Team Viewer user for about 6-8 years. It is excellent software and I have had no issues until now. Things happen in the computer world that are sometimes not human driven or caused by human error. I really think this isssue is a system glitch on Team Viewer's side. They have fixed me for now and hopefully it will not be an issue in the future.  The technician was very resonsive to several emails between us. I also understand paying customers come first and Team Viewer's manning of customer service must based on paying customers - totally makes good business sense. If I used it more and for non-personal reasons, I would be very happy to pay for the commercial version. I refuse to be too critical of a service that has functioned well and is offered free. When I am using my Mac to access another Mac, I use Apple's connection - it is great!!

• GYW
    GYW Posts: 15

I too am having the same problem and I am steaming.  Like you, I help out friends and family and actually, many of the computers listed are no longer in use.  I am retired, but knowledgeable about computers and programs well enough to help those who don't have a clue.  Some of my family or friends are actually on the elderly side and cannot remember many things, so I connect nearly every day to help out...please keep me apprised of this problem...if you aren't going to offer this free service I will have to figure something else out...but it has been very helpful.  I cannot afford your $49 per month.

• Same here I might switch to another company though because its been since monday last week this has been happening to me an still they do not email me back that they are even looking into the issue.

• [deleted by moderator] is available on all platforms. There may be forks of the project that are Windows only.

I can take over my Mac from my Linux box,

• So a few weeks ago TeamViewer declared me a commercial user.  I am retired and help my 83yr old friend with his computer who gets into a lot of issues.  I fill out the form and explain I am not a commercial user.  Eventually I get an email that my account has been reset to free use.  I use TeamViewer exactly 4 times and it declares me a commercial user again!!!

Come on now, get your act together or just admit you want money and the product is no longer free!  I don't mind paying something but your current rates don't fit a home user trying to help a friend out.  

• I'm trying to change my trail version to non-commerial

• CR99
    CR99 Posts: 7

I agree. Before my 7 day free trial was even up I was canceling it. They have YET to REFUND my money.

• How about sending a message to users that you detect that usage may be for commercial use and giving  them 30 days to reply on a form that you send them so that they have the opportunity to defend their usage as personal and not commercial????  That would show a commitment to customer service.  Just take a moment to imagine what it is like to be invited to depend on a program for free, then have it removed without notice?  My friend is disabled and needs the program to communicate with friends and family and to operate various devices in her home.  She earns no money from its use and the effect of loss of use of the software has interrupted many aspects of her daily life.  Your policy comes across as thinly veiled averace.