Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• jasonb4u
    jasonb4u Posts: 1

It's nothing to do with business commercial use, its something TEAMVEIVER is doing.
    I use FREE Personal since 2012 & lately 2018 its been the same 5 minutes and cannot reconnect for 1 minute for me also, and they dont reply to tickets for any sort of free support, they dont care unless you pay for premium.

• pjs344
    pjs344 Posts: 1

I am having the same problem. I installed it for personal use and it comes up with expired trial?

Restarting the program and PC does not change it. So how do I get it to work?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @pjs344 

Thank you for your message. 

Please read the following article and fill out the form:
    Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired'?

Have a great weekend and all the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• It is no longer important. After receiving the email "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free" 4 days ago, I tried it for the first time right now and it is still locked for commercial use.
    At this point, I move on to **Third Party Product**
    They're just wasting my time and having told me that he was back to normal now, I am deceived and the moment I need him to help my father doesn't work.

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

Same here. They sent me the email for reset your ID, but I tried 7 days after still blocked. Totally waste of time. I am using another remote access software as well. :-)

• Natascha

Hi @eejeel 

Can you please check which versions you installed on both sides?

Looking forward to your answer. 

All the best,
    Natascha

• eejeel
    eejeel Posts: 4

Hi Natascha

Thanks for the fast response.

Last Thursday:
    On my site: TeamViewer Full version portable: version 14.1.9025.0
    On family/friend site: TeamViewerQS - version 14.1.9025.0

Last Saturday (yesterday):
    On my site: TeamViewer Full version portable: version 14.1.9025.0 and TeamViewer Full version portable: version 11.0.59518.0
    On family/friend site: TeamViewerQS - version 10.047484.0

On both days a disconnect after about 5 minutes.

In general: with the versions 14.1 release (maybe 14.0) this happens. It is after Teamviewer gives a message that I have to update because the old version will not work anymore in future.
    Until Februari I have worked with TeamViewer Full version portable: version 11.0.59518.0
    and on remote site: TeamViewerQS - version 10.047484.0

The chapta procedure takes more than 10 minutes and 4 Device authorization needed emails!! Login procedure doesn't work with Firefox/Waterfox.

• diannoor
    diannoor Posts: 1
    No reply since 6 days, email every day.

My account back to free, why?
    Please fix my account asap

Thank you,
  • Natascha

Hi @eejeel 

Thank you for your answer. 

Do you have a license in a certain version that you use or are you a free user?

In general, depending on the location, we’re asking our free users with older versions of TeamViewer to update to the latest version in order to continue using the software. The latest version is currently TeamViewer 14 (on both sides).

After updating, free users - those who don’t have a license - will still be able to use TeamViewer as usual. There is no change regarding personal use with TeamViewer 14.

If you are a free user, please update every TeamViewer to version 14. If you have a license for a certain version, please downgrade all your software to the respective version. 

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. 

All the best and a good start into the new week,
    Natascha

• karlon27
    karlon27 Posts: 1

I have been using teamviewer for years for assisting friends/family members as well as accessing my linux desktop. Have not been involved in any commercial activity. I have encountered "suspected commercial activity" for three times in a row. Each time I access my linux machine, the teamviewer pop up a message tell me that I have been locked. I then write the the teamviewer team to ask for unlock, which succeed for the first two times. However I got locked again immediately when I tried to access my linux machine--like 30 seconds after I was told unlocked.

The third time I was locked, I write to teamviewer to express my disappointment; I however received a message told me that "teamviewer cannot determine my status". What the heck? Teamviewer cannot determine my status? Then how can they tell why they can unlock me previously? Also the fact that I was locked immediately when I tried to access my linux machine is suspicious. There's clearly something very wrong with the commercial determination logic in the teamviewer product.

• no, it's not a fake message, you can use TeamViewer on up to 5 computers for free, don't install third-party product becuase it would be non reliable.

• winslow3965
    winslow3965 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've set up a computer for remote management at my fathers house to help  him with computer problems occasionally.

I've added it to my list of computers and the connection works great, except that I get disconnected after 5 minutes, and then I have to wait for a while before re-connecting or I get an error message.

I confirm once again this Teamviewer has being used JUST for personal purpose an no for any commercial or enterprise use.

Please reactivate free user license in order to allow the personal use of packages for monitoring and management of frends and relative pcs.

If this is a limitation of the Free License, I'll rather use a different solution for this sporadic support need.

• Natascha

Hi @winslow3965 

Can you please check which version you installed on the remote side? Which version do you use?

I'm looking forward to your answer and wish you a great day.

All the best,
    Natascha

• Emina1
    Emina1 Posts: 1

Dear all,

When I install TeamViewer I made a mistake. Instead of free versions, I installed a commercial. 

Now my licence is expired and I can't use TeamViewer. Can you halp me ttansfer the license to the free?

Best regards,

Emina 

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

@Emina1 wrote:

Dear all,

When I install TeamViewer I made a mistake. Instead of free versions, I installed a commercial. 

Now my licence is expired and I can't use TeamViewer. Can you halp me ttansfer the license to the free?

Best regards,

Emina 

Please deinstall the commercial version and re-install the free version. :-)

• OscarDu
    OscarDu Posts: 1

I have the same problem. Although I have tried different versions, it did not work. And last month(or so), I have sent the feedback but recevied nothing until now...

So please help with this problem?

• Zavis
    Zavis Posts: 2
    Please, release me about the limit
  • winslow3965
    winslow3965 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi Natascha, version I use is the 14.2.2558 on all pcs

• Natascha

Hi there, 

Thank you for your posts. 

Can you please read the following article and fill in the form to request the unblock of your ID. 
    Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

Please be aware that the unblock is valid for the TeamViewer ID you submitted via the form and not for your TeamViewer Account. Please submit a separate form per each TeamViewer ID.

Thank you in advance and have a great weekend. 

All the best,
    Natascha

• xujin
    xujin Posts: 1

I choose a personal version, but it is always detected for commercial use.

• wht
    wht Posts: 1

Me too...

• they (teamviewer) think wrong ALL the time.. for years, can't say decade(s) they haven't been here that long.. just taking over **Third Party Product** when they didn't allow free users. thats the ONLY reason teamviewer is the size it is today, is **Third Party Product** dropped the ball. Same as myspace dropped, everyone went to facebook etc. and one day they'll leave that program (and teamviewer too)

but yes, teamviewer always "thinks" but their thinking is wrong for thousands of users for years.  Their "artificial intelligence" or "snooping bots" are off and just trying to make money, not actually care about the end user or truth of the matter. Welcome to capitalism

• they (teamviewer) think wrong ALL the time.. for years, can't say decade(s) they haven't been here that long.. just taking over **Third Party Product** when they didn't allow free users. thats the ONLY reason teamviewer is the size it is today, is **Third Party Product** dropped the ball. Same as myspace dropped, everyone went to facebook etc. and one day they'll leave that program (and teamviewer too)

but yes, teamviewer always "thinks" but their thinking is wrong for thousands of users for years.  Their "artificial intelligence" or "snooping bots" are off and just trying to make money, not actually care about the end user or truth of the matter. Welcome to capitalism

• davmax
    davmax Posts: 14 ✭✭

I have found Teamviewer to be an excellent product over >10 years. BUT every 6-12 months it is crippled because I am deemed using it for commercial means. I am not, I am 83 years old and can still help my family and friends. This action appears to be triggeredwhen I take about an hour supporting my sister in the UK. It can take a week or more for Teamviewer to rectify the problem. I have now come to the point that this problem has occurred too often. 

• rolcia2
    rolcia2 Posts: 1

sorry but me is too,i used the software for my pc and after leave my connect because teamviewer support say at me use the software for commercial.  Why?

• Expert2
    Expert2 Posts: 1

I am sick and tired of constantly receiving messages of suspected commercial use.
    Nothing can be further from the truth.

I contacted Teamviewer and got a fine example of double-talk

How can I "convince" the system that I am using the programme privately?

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@Expert2 precisely because it's a system you can't convince it and all our complaints fall into TV's deaf ears so unless use an alternative or get one of those hugely expensive licenses you and everyone that make a personal use of TV will continue receiving this shaming labeling.