TeamViewer Host automatcially reappearing

I honestly doubt very many people are having this issue, but here goes.

I had to uninstall TeamViewer recently because, for some reason, my license changed from "Free" to "Expired Trial". Not sure what caused this, but I was unable to connect to any computers after that.

When I installed the latest TeamViewer, I noticed that instead of installing the full version, TeamViewer Host was installed (note, I definitely used the installer for the full version). So I uninstalled TeamViewer Host. But 5 minutes later, it reappeared! I uninstalled it again, and it came back again. I went so far as to uninstall it and track down every folder/file associated with TeamViewer and delete them and empty them from the Recycle bin. AND STILL, IT REINSTALLED ITSELF. I don't even know where the files could be coming from! It's like it's a virus.

Pls help,

Michael

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,586 Moderator

Hi @michaeldlambert,

Thank you for your post.

Kindly check the uninstallation steps on How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC or Uninstall information page please and also to clear all the configeration files. On the other hand, if your device is installed with a company domain, kindly check with your IT administrator for further discussion.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Hello Ying,

I followed all the steps on that page (including the registry key deletion, which I was not doing previously). However, TeamViewer Host reappeared again about 1 minute after uninstalling...

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,586 Moderator

Hi @michaeldlambert

Thank you for the reply.

Can you kindly check with your IT administrator about the uninstallation please if your device is installed within the company domain, or install by the IT admin.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员