Premium licence and deployment and usage.

Hi. We bought Premium licence to upgrade our Teamviewer 9 commercial licenced installations. I created a startup script in GPO that uninstalls Teamviewer 9 and then installs TeamViewer_Full.msi, that was downloaded from Teamviewer console.

I am installing it with /qn IMPORTREGFILE=1 switch to deploy also settings which are saved in reg file.  (installed TeamViewer_Full.msi on my pc, cinfigured it and exported reg file)

The problem is as follow. If I install the msi file by double clicking on it,  in About, i got licence info : PaidLicence and Expires date, as well as channel use. But when I install it with /qn IMPORTREGFILE=1, in About, there is no info about licence, just empty. Should i bother about that, as it works as expected - doesnt say anything about missing licence?

Also I dont quite understand how to use Premium licence, we are multiple admins that will need to connect to client pcs. Do every admin need to have account in management console, and then needs to login to the TW? Or it can be usable without need to login?

Also - when installed with IMPORTREGFILE=1, I cannot log in to the TW, as the email address field is inactive. Is this normal behaivior?

Thank You!

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @kpcz,

Thank you for your message. ✌

Regarding the empty About TeamViewer window, you can ignore this. This window has sometimes display issues. As long as it works as expected, you do not have to worry about it.

The best practice to use a Premium license is to create a company profile and create a user for each person/admin that will use your license. ?

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Premium and Corporate license Administration

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• kpcz
    kpcz Posts: 3

Hi. Thank You for Your answer. Just one more question regarding:

The best practice to use a Premium license is to create a company profile and create a user for each person/admin that will use your license. ?

Does every admin created in console, needs to log in to the teamvwiewer instace from which he will make connections? As it is not possible, because email field to log in is disabled on teamviwer after deployment.

• JeanK

Hello @kpcz

Yes, every admin created in your company profile will have to log in into their account in the TeamViewer console so your license is recognized and ready to be used.

It's possible that someting went wrong during the deployment. If the problem persists, even a restart of the TeamViewer service, please contact our support for help: https://support.teamviewer.com/a/

If you need any further information, please let me know. ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• kpcz
    kpcz Posts: 3

Found, it depends on setting in Netowkr Settings:

Our policy
    Incoming Lan connections: accept excusively
    Email field is disabled, and we cannot log in to teamvwier.

if policy changed to:

Incoming Lan connections: accept
    Email field is active, and can log in.

So how to log in to teamvwier to recognize the licence and use setting Incoming Lan connections: accept excusively ?

• JeanK

Hello @kpcz,

Regarding the recognition of your license, it is only necessary to log in once (via internet,  LAN setting set on deactivated or accept) so the system knows you are using the Premium license in LAN mode on a specific device.

The use of TeamViewer in Lan mode and having access to the comupter and contact list (being log in in the TeamViewer account) is only possible with the settings set on accept.

I hope this could help.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager