access of REDHAT system from Windows PC

Hi,

can I acess my customer's REDHAT system ( Teamviewer 12.0.224194 wine-1.6 ) from my machince Windows 7 PC ( Teamviewer 12.0.224043)?

please suggest 

BR

Madhumati

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @madhumati 

The two versions look almost identical the same and may have minor differences.

Did you tried it and didn't worked for you, or is a question before the hands-on?

Best regards

• yes I tried today, but could not connect,

It always gave me error as remote partner running older version.

Br

Madhumati

• Vatsilidis

Ok, I understand.

I have a question about it. Why are you running the Teamviewer app through the wine and not install it to the Redhat? Have you tried it before?  

• I need to check this with my customer because he is using that system..I m not aware how he installed Teamviewer on it..

Do you have any suggestions to install Teamviewer on customer's REDHAT system..can you pls guide?

Thanks in advance

• Vatsilidis

Hi

There are for sure really many tutorials on the web. Even if I give you some of them, you must put your personal critical thought, since maybe will be some details during the installation that differs from case to case in Linux OS. Do not be afraid for that, as most of the time things roll simple and fast.

For example, after a short search, I found that may help you this post or this one or you could give a search on youtube about it.

Best regards and happy installation!

• ok thanks for yourguidance.

I will check with it & revert you

Thanks & BR

Madhumati

• Vatsilidis

You are very welcome!