Teamviewer says i am offline but internet is connected

When i open TeamViewer on my laptop at home it says Teamviewer is offline, and continues to circle for ages, so i cannot log in, and connect to my office desktop. It can take up to 30 minutes before letting me log in. I'm not offline as i can browse the web during this time, so i do have a connection to the internet. When i have taken the laptop to my office, it does not have this issue, so that tells me there is something about how TeamViewer needs to connect to the internet, but its not that i have a proxy server at home, so what other settings may need to be adjusted for?

Chirag 

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @ChiragM 

As the first step, I would recommend you to make a full uninstall of the app, reboot the pc, download a new version and install it again. See here how to do it.

If this won't solve it, then I'm giving some solved posts with an issue similar to yours just because the message could appear for several reasons, please try this,  this.

I really hope to solve it with the first step.

Best regards

• ChiragM
    ChiragM Posts: 3

Hi @Vatsilidis 

Thanks for your comments. The uninstall/reinstall just came back to the same issue. I don’t think the other posts helped, I don’t use monitoring, nor is it a power management issue of either this laptop or the computer I am connecting too. It is definitely something about how TeamViewer connects to the internet.

First of all upon opening TeamViewer I can enter my email and password, but the sign in box does nothing, no matter how many times I click it. After about five minutes it will log in only to immediately log me out and then show the 'You are currently offline please check your internet connection' and the dots go round and round. Eventually after about half an hour it will log me in. At that point I can make outward connections, and even close and reopen connections, However if I close the computer, the same process starts.

This is repeatable not only with the laptop in question, but I also took another laptop to the house yesterday. This has never had issues connecting to work from multiple locations, but at this house had the same issues as the first laptop. So makes me think it’s not a laptop issue as TV works on them fine in other places. But it’s not really an internet problem as can browse/stream fine on same wifi connection. But something is taking a long time to resolve and connect. I don’t know how to troubleshoot it.

Thanks,

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @ChiragM 

I read carefully what you wrote and all this reminds a condition like your computer must be added to the trusted devices. Maybe it was before but for you and your account protection, after some circumstances, it could be asked to you again to verify that you are an authorized user.

This is a message that appears when you go to log in and if my thought is valid, then you must have received an email for proceeding with adding your device as trusted. Could you please take a look at this post about the way you do that?

Please update with further results.

Thank you and best regards

• ChiragM
    ChiragM Posts: 3

Dear @Vatsilidis 

I did check how the laptops are trusted, and it is by device. But again i dont think this has anything to do with it and it does eventually resolve after 30 minutes, so cant be a trust issue. Anyway i have given up and moved to an alternative remote desktop application.

Thanks,

Chirag