Teamviewer ID Changed after upgrade windows 10 2004 verion (May update)

Comments

• CompuShark
    CompuShark Posts: 11 ✭✭

Same Issue here. 

I support over 1000 computers through Teamviewer. All those computers are different brands and models. Alot are custom builds I did with Asus boards and i5 Procs. so I highly doubt the hardware has anything to do with the issue.

So far around 90% of the upgrades I did all changed the teamviewer ID. This is a MAJOR issue. Causes me to have to reach out the the clients in the morning and have to re-add their computers to my list by deleting the original one first.

Teamviewer Support Team : We pay alot of money every year to use your program. Please put this as your TOP 1 priority to FIX.

• bclark88
    bclark88 Posts: 11 ✭✭

@CompuShark wrote:

Same Issue here. 

I support over 1000 computers through Teamviewer. All those computers are different brands and models. Alot are custom builds I did with Asus boards and i5 Procs. so I highly doubt the hardware has anything to do with the issue.

So far around 90% of the upgrades I did all changed the teamviewer ID. This is a MAJOR issue. Causes me to have to reach out the the clients in the morning and have to re-add their computers to my list by deleting the original one first.

Teamviewer Support Team : We pay alot of money every year to use your program. Please put this as your TOP 1 priority to FIX.

Yeah support wrote back to me today in my ticket after providing a few logs with this issue. They told me if a reboot doesn't fix it then I just have to redeploy the installer but they have sent the logs over to the dev team to look into. The whole point of TV is that you don't have to be local to the network to connect to it. Never had this issue going through the last 3 or 4 big windows updates. So yeah, needless to say we are a 200pc shop compared to you and a smaller fish, but we will be looking into other remote solutions when I get time. Being mainly a 1 man show... I don't have time to fix all these machines TV connection. With so many people working from home right now and not in the office, doing a GPO / local network push isn't exactly ideal. So when a user calls for something broke and I go oh lets fix your TV connection first... It makes me look bad.

• bclark88

On top of all of this, I've found a handful of machines still running TV13 or TV14 and the policy enforced I've has always been set on is to auto update including new major versions. If you tell it to check for updates it doesn't do anything either. Its just not been the smoothest service but up until now it hasn't failed me either. Even with those handful running TV13 and 14 still apparently.

• tez
    tez Posts: 7 ✭✭

V12, as are all my hosts and so far 100% ID change. What is the point of unattended hosts when a remote computer upgrades? This is going to happen yearly and Teamviewer needs to resolve it.

Do I now have to install another remote access program to do an upgrade just to get the next ID?

Another nail in the coffin?

• bclark88

At this point I've given up on Teamviewer fixing it and I'm already half way through my machines getting 2004 and fixing them. Since I've been paying more attention to this I've noticed 2 things. Its only been the laptops (90%) of our machines. If I open TV Host and click the assign to client button and put our email in. It adds it and uses the NEW host ID. If I get it on our network and push the MSI installer then it reinstalls and uses the OLD host ID that the machine had previously and keeps its description / notes field about it and just overwrites the alias / hostname to the PC name and removes the added - username that I manually edit after the initial install. Hope the info in this thread helps anyone else with this issue as the TV Support idea of reboot the machine has not fixed 1 machine of ours.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

Today a user with a Dell laptop came across the same issue and returned to the old ID after the 3rd restart and some further Windows updates.

I'm posting the link of this thread here as it could be helpful for now.

Best regards 

• SamCCFL99
    SamCCFL99 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi, I upgraded to W10 Build 2004 on my laptop and when it came up, it was not even signed in.  I sign in and it says connection ready, but my main PC says it is offline.  I tried everything, and I am not a dummy.  This never happened before.

Anyone else???

• SamCCFL99

To top it off, the laptop can see my PC and also my friend's PC, SO what is going on?  Some port blocked in B 2004?  So annoying.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @SamCCFL99 

Could you please try to completely restart the computer, applying any new updates, even small ones?

Please note that It may be needed to restart it more than once.

Best regards

• SamCCFL99

Thanks, been there done that.  I was in I.T. for over 25 years.  I can always restore my Acronis Backup.  This laptop is so slow.  All I use it for it to sometimes watch some internet things on my tv!  It is so weird that it can see all the other pc's online on my account, but I cannot see it!!! 

• SamCCFL99

Wow, that crazy update to Build 2004 Changed the Teamviewer ID of the laptop!  That has never happened as I have had that same ID on that pc for Over 6+ years!!!  So weird.

SO SOLVED!   Thanks for making me look closer.  WATCH OUT IF YOU UPGRADE TO BUILD 2004.  

Me, on my desktop pc, I still run W7 Prof and NEVER GOING TO CONVERT!!!

PS, I LOVE TEAMVIEWER!!!  THANKS!!!

• Same issue here. See how the ID changed when going from 1909 to 2004. We are using Teamviewer on remote, submerged, field locations! They are as inaccessible the Voyager! And now we lose access to them.

1_Teamviewer ID Changed after upgrade windows 10 2004 verion.png2_Teamviewer ID Changed after upgrade windows 10 2004 verion.png

• TGeRi
    TGeRi Posts: 27

This is insane! We user TV HOST on almost all of our computers. We have hundreds of computert in our list. I will have to MANUALLY READD them?? TV, please fix this ASAP!

We pay a lot of money. The purpose of TV is to remotely access a computer... I cannot evet reboot what was suggested before if I cannot access the PC!

We use host as a lot of computers don't have console (keyboard-mouse-monitor) attached to them. Because of this bug we would have to go to the remote (100 kms away!) location by person with a keyboard-mouse-monitor in our hands just to look at the new TV id and to reassign the machine????

• Hi TeamViewer has really screwed up here, possibly for the last time for our business,

Do you have access to them by any other means aka "backdoor"?
    All our computers are running a Midnight_update BASH script that pulls repositories etc.
    Anyhow IF you are able to push command in any way to the remote computer, this might help you:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Command-line-parameters/ta-p/34447

E.G.
    "\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assign --api-token NNNNNNN-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX --group-id gNNNNNNNNN --grant-easy-access --reassign

You create you api-token under Design&Deploy (See attachment)
    Find your group ID by selecting your desired folder, and look at the current URL in your browser (see attachment)

Design&Deply.jpggroup-idgroup-id

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi all,

Thank you for all of your feedback and we value your input to the community.

After sharing all of your feedback to our development team they found a fix that could be a possible solution.  
    We decided to ask community users to use the insider build which will be rolled out in a few days in order to make sure that this fix will work for everyone.

Important note about the insider build.

The intention is to get early feedback on new features, improvements and developments before the public release.
    This means that the current TeamViewer insider build version may not be tested in full functionality and could contain bugs as it is basically an image of the current development state.
    As this is a testing environment it is not recommended to use the insider build in a productive environment or to be rolled out globally on all devices you have.

Finally, I apologize for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hearing your feedback after using the insider build.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • CompuShark

One thing I noticed, if the remote teamviewer isn't the latest version,. Update Windows 10 to 2004 THEN update teamviewer host to latest version. It brings the original ID back. ( might have to ask an onsite person or activate RDP and connect from another machine )

• CompuShark

Yuri, alot of us are using Teamviewer HOST on our clients workstations. That option is NOT available for the HOST, only FULL install.

• CompuShark

Yuri, I have tested the Beta build on one of my bench workstations. It originally had Teamviewer Host 12 with and ID of 1 177 *** ***, I uninstalled Host, reinstalled Full version by keeping the settings, updated to the Beta build.

I made sure I had access to the workstation with the same ID of 1 177 ***.

Then I proceeded with updating Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 2004. The ID CHANGED.

I uninstalled Teamviewer Full version (Latest version with beta ) by keeping the settings again. I reinstastalled Teamviewer Full and my old ID of 1 177 *** came back.

I perform the Teamviewer update to Beta version again, My ID of 1 177 *** stayed.

I hope this helps. I send you my troubleshooting bill :)

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @CompuShark 

We released the Insider Build in question a few minutes ago.

Please give the version 15.7.4 a try.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• TGeRi
    TGeRi Posts: 27

What will happen on older versions?

For example if I have a v14 on win10x1909 and that win updates to v2004?  Will the ID change then?

• Esther

Hi @TGeRi 

As of now, I can only direct you to the Note we added here: Which operating systems are supported?

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• CompuShark

Hi @Esther 

Isn't that the build that was released yesterday ? I just checked and my TV says im up to date.

• CompuShark

Hi @TGeRi 

From my experience, yes it will change. 

Then perform a teamviewer update on the machine you update to Windows 10 2004 and your ID will come back to what it was originally.

If your teamviewer is already up to date, you can uninstall teamviewer and reinstall it WITHOUT checking the box "Remove settings" during uninstallation. Post reinstallation, your teamviewer will have your old ID.

• Esther

Hi @CompuShark 

The fix that could be a possible solution is only part of the current Insider build. The version number of this build is 15.7.4.

We released it yesterday (June 17th, 2020), however in About TeamViewer it says June 16th as the date, but this indicates the build date, not the release date: 

Insider_15.7.4.png

Please see this article for more information about insider builds and how to install them: What are TeamViewer insider builds? 

The devs and I are looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• PDuceppe
    PDuceppe Posts: 2

Hi,

The Teamviewer ID has changed on many of my managed station !!!  This should not happen.  They were all at the latest version and some station did change others didn't...  It's painful to have to call eaxh user to ask for their Host ID.  Could someone do something ?  Any fix require ?  This is quite costly to revisit every managed station/servers....

• CompuShark

@Esther 

And that's the version i've tested it with. I wrote "Beta" but I meant Insider preview build  15.7.4.

• ITG
    ITG Posts: 1

Please note this is for information only. If you wish to reply, please make it constructive.

I can fully confirm that after upgrading clients from Windows 1909 to 2004 or Windows 1903 to 2004 the Teamviewer ID changes when using the latest version of TV Host, So if you're going to do this upgrade you will need to be at the computer your upgrading unless you have a user on hand that can give you the new ID.

I’m also aware that Windows 10 2004 is currently not on the list of supported operating systems. but an update from TeamViewer Developers would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this information is of help to someone out there during these trying times with most workers working remotely as most of mine are.

• mikecbig
    mikecbig Posts: 1

I have seen similar posts showing that the Teamviewer ID changes after Windows update 2004 (May 2020) but the situation is far worse than just an ID change. Teamviewer seems to think that it is now inside an entirely new machines and resets everything including Port numbers, Wake on LAN configurations, Display names and many more settings.

As someone who has nearly 100 desktops and laptops connected to Teamviewer, most of which have WOL enabled along with Teamviewer for remote administration, scattered all over the world I am now left totally disconnected and find myself having to give out adminsitration passwords to all staff levels to try and get Teamviewer back connected.

This is a very serious matter and I am staggered that someone at Teamviewer has not picked up that 2004 causes and total disconnection and reset of all TV settings. In these times of needy remote access, losing this vital and expensive link medium could not come at a worse time. We all knew that Update 2004 was proving to be buggy but TV should have identified this fault during the Beta rollout and proving.

Urgent remedy is required please.

• GFORCE1
    GFORCE1 Posts: 13

Same problems here, unable to connect after update ....
    Tested on several hosts ready for upgrade. Please upscale this to highest priority!
    Thanks in advance!

• pplaisance
    pplaisance Posts: 6 ✭✭

We've spent weeks deploying custom hosts to hundreds of client machines via Intune. We started allowing update to 2004 via WUfB to our pilot machines.  After the first reboot initiated during service hours, TV changes TV ID.  Another reboot, and it gets back the old TV ID and still shows in our TV apps as online.  However, now any computer that's updated to 2004 has lost all the settings originally pushed by our TV policies.  There are no saved passwords, account assignments, no easy access, etc.  This is a HUGE mess. What is TeamViewer doing for host installs? The insider build is only for full version as far as I can determine.

EDIT: I downloaded the host MSI from TV design & deploy. It is showing as 15.7.6.0. Uninstalled the version I had on my 2004 test system through Intune and deployed 15.7.6.0 to the 2004 test system.  Still doesn't TV policies or assign to my account, etc.