No sound from remote computer, worked previously

Answers

• NYCNative
    NYCNative Posts: 17

I wasn't blaming you. I was a little displeased that support came in saying a problem was fixed when it wasn't, though I am glad your problem has been dealt with.

• PhantomF
    PhantomF Posts: 14

I have this issue as well with the windows client.

• akhil1311
    akhil1311 Posts: 1

Same problem here, I always used team viewer to connect to my  home computer from my office, but since the sound is not coming from the remote machine, teamviewer is of no use to me now. This has happened after the update to the latest version.. why did I do it..

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, I have something I'd like you to try. On your Host and Client PC's please change the settings under Audio Conference to "standard playback device" per the attached screenshot.

tv Audio Conf.png

Then report back if that makes any diff.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • NYCNative

It didn't work.

• PhantomF

Yeah that did not fix it.

Why does the iOS app get fixed pretty much instantly but windows client gets no attention or acknoledgement of still being broke by support?  I'm gonna wager that the windows user base is much larger than iOS users.

• simon04
    simon04 Posts: 2

i have the same problem

windows to windows

used to work and doesnt anymore :(

• Rick92647
    Rick92647 Posts: 6

Just an FYI. Seems I have never updated to v12. All my PC's have sound (PC to PC) because I am using v11. I did see someone post a link for older versions somewhere.FullSizeRender.jpg

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Ok, So I am testing this from my laptop to a workstation here at my house and I am not having any issue. I am going from TeamViewer 12 to a TeamViewer 12 Host. I did notice that the volume was low coming from the host but that was resolved by adjusting the Volume setting in Options > Audio Conferencing > Voice Playback > Volume Slider to a higher setting. (Blue Aarow). Also from what I have seen in another thread, Be sure to check Both of the Red Aarows settings. One other guy on here had an issue with it being the lower one.tv Audio Conf.png

Just as an aside, I do not question that any of you are having this issue. I just can not re-create it. If I can not recreate it, I would wonder if that is the issue that TeamViewer is having. Fixing an issue that can not be easily re-created in house is exceedingly hard in my experiance. I'll be checking it here on a couple other machines as I cross their paths.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • NYCNative

Then I installed the last version (11.0.76421 Preview) on both computers and sound has returned.

This functionality was on the previous version of TeamViewer 12 but the last update is what killed it and I have no way to revert back to the version of TeamViewer 12 that had this functionality.

The lack of any real responses in this thread does not instill me with confidence that the issue is being addressed; I will just keep the older version of TeamViewer on my computers until I hear it is fixed.

• playab0yyy
    playab0yyy Posts: 11

For those of you wondering whether or not TV is actually working on it, here's a response I received saying they're aware of it and working on it. Sure is taking them a long time to fix something you'd think would be fairly simple, but at least they're working on it.No sound from remote computer, worked previously.png

• ms1174
    ms1174 Posts: 1

I had this same problem.  Win 10 laptop used to remote control win 7 desktop, and not long after ungrading to current version of Teamviewer, I could no longer hear sound from the remote computer.  After switching both computers to use the Standard  Playback Device and the Standard Recording Device in the Teamviewer Audio settings (both were previously set to use the "Default" devices) I could hear the sound from the remote computer again. 

Hopefully this helps or works for someone else. 

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

Nope this has been tried before it makes no difference.

• NYCNative

I received the same email just now...

• playab0yyy

This did not work for me. However, of the 4 settings you mentioned (2 on each end), I did not have the Standard option on 1 of them. On the computer I'm using to access the other computer, I do not have a Standard option under the recording device options. It only has "None".

• Tim_on_TV
    Tim_on_TV Posts: 1

I'm having this issue also.  Does my experience help TV to find a solution?  I am using W10 to control a W7 PC.  Both were running TV 11.  When I last had a session (about 2 weeks ago) sound worked fine.  Today the W7 machine can hear the W10 one, but not vice versa.  I then upgraded both to TV 12.  Still exactly the same problem.  The only change that I can think of in the intervening 2 weeks is that Microsoft upgrades have been applied.  Might that have caused the problem?  I am using TV to help a severely disabled friend and the absence of voice is preventing me.  Her telephone system has also failed, so that is not an alternative.

• MDC
    MDC Posts: 11

Having the same problem and have verified the communicate sound is turne on.  Not critical but a definite annoyance!

• MDC

Wonderful, but I am still having the problem with a Windows 10 connected to another Windows 10.   What about a fix for that?

• playab0yyy

I really can't believe it's taking TV so long to fix an audio problem. This is a product they've had for years. You'd think this would be something they'd be able to tackle fairly quickly.

• MDC

My partner computer began having sound this afternoon.  Hope it stays fixed!

• playab0yyy

Still not working for me, and no updates provided by TV. Did your partner do anything, adjust any settings, or anything at all to get it working, or did he just open it and it worked?

• NYCNative
    edited March 2022

Until I hear about an actual update that addresses this issue, I'll stick with the old version of the program. Since the last email I got back from support involved someone chastizing me for my terrible language when I used the word "**bleep**" :manfrustrated: I am not holding my breath.

• PhantomF

I did get an update to TV on my devices yesterday, 12.0.78716, but sound is still not working.  Like seriously?

• Apple
    Apple Posts: 6

Seems like this is still an issue using LAN connections. Still no sounds :[

• MDC

No.  There was no updating to either my computer or partner's either.  Just mysteriously began working and is still working as of today.  I do have to turn up the volume on my computer to hear it well, but the sound is there, both as produced by Quick Books software as well as just playing an MP3 test file using Groove.

• MDC

Perhaps still a problem with using on a LAN.  My case was internet connected.

• simon04
    simon04 Posts: 2

Can you check what version your client and local machine are running? What about Windows versions? What is your sound source set to in audio settings? Weird that it just mysteriously started working for you when everyone else is having no luck!

• MK9910
    MK9910 Posts: 1

Any fixes yet? Last week my sound was fine. This week 6/26/2017 when using my host computer to log into my remote computer,  the sound on my host comptuer diminishes to almost no sound at all. 

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

Internet & LAN both don't work for me under Windows 7.

• Same here, 10 to 10. Works from 10 to 7...hope someone hears something soon. Following post!