teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• This has happened to me in the past, but it takes a while to unlock the account. Now that it happened again, I filled it in, but still no results. In the meantime, I am testing alternative software which seems to work pretty well. Since with TV it has already happened several times, I can't risk not being able to access my father's pc just because TV has woken up badly!
  • Hi, I have reported the false flag of commercial use (I only use for 2 elderly family members) but no response. There is nothing on the form page to follow up. How do I get action for non-responsiveness to this issue that has completely shut down my TeamViewer???

• Ernest4
    Ernest4 Posts: 1

Good day 

Am trying to connect to a friend's PC and am getting "Commercial use detected" am only connecting for few seconds and kicked out. 

This has been going on since last night, I tried uninstalling but it didnt work out

Am using Teamviewer for personal use. Help!

• I have filled out the reset form and click the 'Generate PDF' button, repeatedly (and tried this whole process multiple times) but nothing happens when I press the button. Is there a problem with the form? If not, how do I proceed?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

• I got the similar issue yesterday. 

I installed in on my personal machine. It is personal use. I think TeamView wants to get more money! Look like they want to sale license to personal use.

I submit a ticket on line yesterday. However need to take 7 business days.

However the lisence is too expersive. For personal use, if they want to sale lisence, the price should not more than 10 euro per month.

• NeilCM
    NeilCM Posts: 1

Hi,

Today I have started getting a - Unable to connect - 
    Reason given is "You reached the maximum seesion duration to this treamviewer ID"

Connection to this teamviewer ID will be blocked until ??:??

The time keeps increasing.

ANy Ideas? 

I only use it for personal use.

Thank You

• Try to reactive my TV id.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Nothing happened when I clicked 'Generate PDF' file.

• I tried the form again and the Generate PDF worked!

• I was classified as a business user by mistake. ? ?

52ce781d-5e91-4542-95c9-8cd9d6869987.JPGf97726f0-e4cc-4858-8a53-778faab8f351.JPGe14e0ce8-d9da-4c5d-a991-5e60f20e36c0.JPG

• DanLopz
    DanLopz Posts: 1

Today you just decide that my account is commercial but I only use it to control my notebook from my desktop PC.
    Thank you, guys. I already discovered new tools with great features thanks to that.

• GonzoB
    GonzoB Posts: 1

Looks like I'm in the same boat as a bunch of people here. I don't know why it's deteted "Commercial" use and how they judge it and no I didn't select personal & commercial use, I only selected personal. I'm not even employed right now, there's absolutley no way I can use it for commercial use. I don't even use it in to connect from an outside IP - I just like it better than windows RDP.

Has anybody made this go away successfully? It sounds like any attempts to contact customer support doesn't go very well.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 100 ✭✭

@GonzoB I faced this problem two years ago. I filled out the form and waited 33 days. They never told me they changed my status but suddenly it worked and has worked since then.

• Ady
    Ady Posts: 4

Hi,

I had to change the motherboad of my home PC due to hardware failure. But now I get a message saying commercial use suspected, and sessions are limited to 5 mins. Connections fail, and say 'reconnections are prohibiteed'.

I get a message saying I'm not allowed to reconect, and time when connections will be allowed. e.g. Connections to this partner will be blocked until 06:30, then at 06:30 the message says 06:31, etc. So I am permanently blocked from connecting to my PC.

Pls help.

Edit : an now your forums are doing the same **bleep** thing:

• Post flooding detected (user tried to post more than 1 messages within 30 seconds)"
  • I have been using TeamViewer for years and only just come across this issue. My sessions are getting closed and saying I need to get a Commercial Licence.

I do not use TeamViewer at all for anything commercial I use purely for personal use. It comes in hand been able to access my family and my own devices when I am away. One which includes my Ubuntu Server.

TeamViewer have no proof at all I am using this for commercial since nothing is commectial about it.I have 6 devices connected to my account. 3 are mine and 3 are family.

I then use the random codes for my friends that might need some support remotley (Joys of been the techy one).

I would like o know on what grounds I have all of a suddon stopped been able to use it. Nothing has changed and I have been using it for years.

• Bebbspoke
    Bebbspoke Posts: 14 ✭✭

I am NOT a "Commercial User" - TV falsely identified me as such & cut off my communications to a User who is medically considered to be a "vulnerable person" I have made sevberal attempts to convey my angst to TV but am thwarted by the "generate .pdf" stage - the system hangs....

• JaneT14
    JaneT14 Posts: 3

I am having the exact same problem; it won't generate the pdf to send to let them know I'm not a commercial user. My mother, whom I am trying to help is also a vulnerable 83 year old who relies on me to help her remotely.  I tried calling their number, eventually got through to a person, who basically said to go to the webpage, I explained that it was hanging at pdf stage, they said go to the Community Page. Can anyone help?!

• Called Teamviewer but told to go and complete the PDF online. 

www.teamviewer.com/reset.

Completed the form as requested, but then can not submit the form as it will not accept the Teamviewer ID. Frustrating as **bleep**!

Again i'm another user who has been wrongly flagged for commercial use. very disappointing.

@Bebbspoke wrote:

I am NOT a "Commercial User" - TV falsely identified me as such & cut off my communications to a User who is medically considered to be a "vulnerable person" I have made sevberal attempts to convey my angst to TV but am thwarted by the "generate .pdf" stage - the system hangs....

• Hello,

I recently recieved a warning that I may be using TeamViewer commercially, even though I only connect to one other computer and *very rarely* to a third. Now I'm being deined access to the same computer and receiving an "Unable to Connect" message stating that "Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner... Connection to this partner will be until  *one minute after the attempt*.

I can share my log file to prove that I am not using TeamViewer for commercial use. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• SandoHP
    SandoHP Posts: 11

It seems to me, @JJxVortechx that TeamViewer doesn't need to prove anything. It's up to YOU to prove that your use is private.

Secondly and most importantly, read the sticky post on https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-commercially/td-p/8284

What it clearly says is that the forum is NOT the right place for this issue:

Hint: Please be aware that this is NOT an issue that can be resolved in the community. Posting messages about commercial usage will not help to get the reset. For getting a reset you need to fill out the form.

• JaneT14

I had the same problem with the system hanging at create pdf, discovered it was the "space" in the post code ie: "XX11 7PP" needs to be "XX117PP" - no space. It created the pdf, then you save it to your device and upload it.

• Bebbspoke

Hi Jane - many thanks for your suggestion - will give it a try - if such works then it is a horrendous oversight by the TV programers!!!

• Bebbspoke

Sando  of course it is up to the USER to prove non-commercial usage...
    But surely it is up to Teamviewer to provide all users with adequate and fully functional message methodology! - not a system flawed by hanging at what to all intents and purposes is the STANDARD (Post Office preferred) SPACE between the alphanumeric pairs of UK post codes. - rather poor software writing has  been incorporated.

• JaneT14

Hope it helped, I've just had my TeamViewer ID reset to personal use. Hopefully you have too.

• DDT2005
    DDT2005 Posts: 1

Cannot Download PDF on Reset Management page on Website.  Can I speak to someone who actually works in Teamviewer support?  If not I will be uninstalling this software forever.

• Dear ladies and gentlemen.

I have always used teamviewer access for private purposes, I do not receive money, as the computers I access are from my home and my parents' home.
    Now when I'm logged in for about 20 seconds and the connection goes down and a message appears saying that I have to subscribe.
    Why did this happen?

• I'm getting messages that comercial use is detected when I only use for helping family members out, 3 people in total brother/sister and daughter how can I fix this.

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 Star

Hello Panarchy,

The below article provides information about falsely identified commercial use. In it there is a link to request a reset.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • Ady

I found the solution to this problem. Use another remote software like **Third Party Product**. Teamviewer doesn't want you if you don't pay, and their support is non existsant unless you pay also.

• Ady

Using the form:
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

The 'Generate PDF' button, does not generate a PDF, instead it makes an HTTP post to https://www.facebook.com/tr/

If Teamviewer are using the forced termination of accounts  due to 'suspected commercial use' to generate fake and artificial facebook likes, this is absolutly disgusting behaviour.

• mr-b
    mr-b Posts: 6

Button doesn't work at all for me - tried multiple browsers.

I wish TV staff would consider how they'd feel if their 80 YO mother was sufferinng from anxiety and needed support, but could no longer get it , and without any warning whatsoever!