How to Create a TeamViewer Account

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Blog

header_Create_TeamViewer_Account.png

What are the advantages of creating your own TeamViewer account and how do you do that? This post will teach you everything you need to know.

Today, we’ll look at another topic aimed at the TeamViewer rookies among you.

Maybe you have received remote support via TeamViewer or attended an online meeting in the past, maybe even without owning an account, through a TeamViewer custom module?

Then you were already able to catch a glimpse of what TeamViewer is capable of.

But if you’ve come here, you’re probably interested in seeing all of it and not only from the receiving end, but by taking the initiative.

And the best part about it is that it’s free for personal use! Meaning that you can help out your friends and family with the most popular remote control software’s power.

Now, since you can also use TeamViewer without owning an account, you might ask yourself what the point is in creating one.

And you know what? That’s exactly what we’re dealing with in the next part of this post.

The Advantages of Creating a TeamViewer Account

As mentioned above, you might be aware of the fact that you can use TeamViewer’s remote control and meeting functions without owning an account.

However, it is not possible to tap into their full potential.

For transparency’s sake, let’s look at a list of all the advantages an account has to offer:

• Saving, management and easy access of Computers & Contacts, as well as the possibility to initiate connections for remote control, file sharing, chat, video calls or presentations without the need to type in their IDs.
  • Chat functionalities.
  • Access to the Management Console and all associated functionalities, e.g. customized TeamViewer modules, Service Queue or TeamViewer Policies.
  • The ability to take your account and license with you wherever you go and whatever computer you use
  • Usage of TeamViewer integrations, such as Salesforce, Jira, Outlook, and many more.
  • The ability to assign devices to your account for remote monitoring and management without the necessity of a password

You’ll have to admit that’s pretty persuasive when you think about it, right?

But let’s go ahead and create a TeamViewer account for you, so you can see for yourself.

Creating an Account from within the TeamViewer Client

You can either create your TeamViewer account as a part of the installation process or directly from within the TeamViewer client, if you’ve already installed it before.

The following tutorial will deal with the latter case – the creation of a TeamViewer account from within an already installed client.

1. Open the TeamViewer client and click on Computers & Contacts. Click on Sign Up

tutorial_Create_TV_Account.PNG

--> The dialogue box “Create TeamViewer account – Step 1 of 2” will open up.

2. Choose the option Create a free TeamViewer account.

3. Fill out the credentials form below. Once you’re finished, click Next.

tutorial_Create_TV_Account2.PNG

--> The dialogue box “Create TeamViewer account – Step 2 of 2” will open up.

4. You can now select a name and password for the device you’re creating this account from. Again, click Next when you’re done. 

tutorial_Create_TV_Account3.PNG

--> A final message will open up. 

tutorial_Create_TV_Account4.PNG

5. You should receive an activation email within a few minutes. Click the link in that email to complete the account creation process. You can click on Finish to close that last message on your desktop.

Congratulations! You have created your own TeamViewer account from within the TeamViewer client.

Welcome to the Family!

Now that you’ve created your own TeamViewer account, you must be red-hot to finally establish your first TeamViewer connection.

Remember, if you should ever have any questions about TeamViewer or need help fixing a problem, the TeamViewer Community is there for you.

There are tons of answers on frequent questions already here, e.g. in the Knowledge Base.

Or if you’d like to learn something, re-visit the Community Blog!

To participate actively or post a question yourself, be welcome to set up your own account for the TeamViewer Community.

What was your opinion on your first TeamViewer connection? Tell us in the comment section below!

Former Community Manager

Comments

• Kashan
    Kashan Posts: 1

that is very helpfull for human

• salam

• thank you very much
  • XDOS-PC
    XDOS-PC Posts: 2

I receive this massage : sign in request failed! the server did not respond. please try again.

• XDOS-PC
    XDOS-PC Posts: 2

by the way, it show ip address in my TeamViewer ID

• Esther

@XDOS-PC It looks like your TeamViewer has no access to the internet. Do you still have the issue? If so, you can try to whitelist *.teamviewer.com in your firewall.

Former Community Manager

• I have never once been able to login to the account created during the installation process (for over a year), and when trying to create a new account within teamviewer it always says "connection not ready" - which, btw, happens regardless of it I am physically in front of my Windows 10 machine or remote accessing it via my chromebook - so, clearly, Teamviewer has access to the internet. I also know that my username and password works because I can use it to login to your website, just not the actual program. When the issue started, I submitting it as feedback since something was clearly broken and just got some extremely rude responses. I would think that if there is a weird account related bug you guys would want to actually fix it, but nope. Problem still happens with latest update, only now it says I have to login to unlock all features (without telling me what features I am missing).
  • Esther

HI @Elliander Thanks for your post and sorry for the hassle. Did you create a second account to post in the community or is the sign up to the community working while logging in to the software is not working? Are the buttons in the software greyed out? Do you get an error message? Can you provide a screenshot (without any personal information like email address or TeamViewer ID) for more information? Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• @Esther Well, here's the weird thing: In order to post into the forum, I did have to create a second account, but was able to use the same email as the first account and it had all the information for the first account so... maybe? I received the activation email and clicked on the link 8/21/17 , but was never able to do more than login to the website with that username and password. Also, while I could login to an account, I couldn't access forums for help. The response to this feedback was consistently: "With more than 200,000,000 users worldwide, we are not able to provide support to free users via Email or phone. If you are a free user and need help, please visit https://community.teamviewer.com/ " (which is a stupid response, because why would anyone pay for a half functional product to begin with? why not try and figure out why the login was broken?) That is, until shortly after posting this. After creating the account (again) for forum access I noticed that while I couldn't login to it in Teamviewer I could have the activation email resent and this time it actually (for the first time ever) let me login to teamviewer. It then had me go to the website to verify each device. I... don't see the value of logging in though. I had assumed that not being able to login was why I could never get audio or peripherals to work, but after logging in there was really no difference except for one: The drop down I relied on to connect to the host machine is just done. I can manually type a number, but I can no longer use the stored ID and password. I'd use Chrome remote desktop, since they have audio and peripherals working perfectly, but they don't handle multiple monitors the way teamviewer does. I would have expected to be able to see a list of other machines that I am logged in as, to be able to get in that way, and a feature to block login access from a machine that isn't logged into my account and listed as trusted as an additional security measure, in addition to needing the password. Had I known that there were absolutely no benefits to ever logging in I wouldn't have wasted the effort. It would be helpful if the program actually told people what the benefits of logging in if any were, as well as the benefits if any for a paid license, as well as ensure that everything was working properly. (and speaking of things not working properly, clicking "preview" doesn't preview anything here in chromebook. It just refreshes the page and clears out everything I typed the first time)
  • Esther

@Elliander Thanks for your reply. It´s good to hear that it is working again. Let me quickly cite from the KB article about "What is a TeamViewer account" what the account offers:

A TeamViewer account provides you with the opportunity to use the features of the Computers & Contacts list. This includes the following features:

• List of all computers to which you connect regularly;
    • Management of your customers' TeamViewer data for a simplified connection setup;
    • Fast connection setup without entering a TeamViewer ID or password;
    • Call up important TeamViewer features with one click (remote control, presentation, file transfer, chat, etc.);
    • Remote monitoring of your computers, e.g. see whether your Windows Firewall is activated or if your Antivirus software needs an update. You can upgrade this feature with more checks using ITbrain™ Monitoring;
    • Manage the TeamViewer service queue and all service cases;
    • Connection reports of your TeamViewer connections within the TeamViewer Management Console;
    • Define connection settings for connections to your customers and computers.

With your TeamViewer account you can also access the TeamViewer Management Console, use TeamViewer Integrations, or develop your own TeamViewer applications using the TeamViewer API. Some of these features require a TeamViewer license.

Former Community Manager