Application Crashes When Using TeamViewer

The application will crash when using TeamViewer logged into remote workstation, while it is fine using microsoft remote desktop.

Appriciate any ideas on this and thanks in advance.

The error message is as below
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX
  Application Name: S3DHost.exe
  Application Version: 10.115.0.150
  Application Timestamp: 5dcace3d
  Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
  Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2be1e
  Exception Offset: 0008af3e
  Exception Code: c0000417
  Exception Data: 00000000
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 6ece
  Additional Information 2: 6ece2e319c87b03ba98bec9c08f53fdc
  Additional Information 3: 279d
  Additional Information 4: 279de79bcda45ab8e98aabcdf0065fbe

Best Answer

Answers

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Qiuniu 

After some search, I think that the issue you are facing with, probably it has to do with some kind of conflict of TeamViewer with another app installed or uninstalled but left garbages behind. 

To be more precise, according to this article but and to other similar articles on the web, the file "s3dhost.exe" most often belongs to product Intergraph SmartPlant 3D. and were most often developed by company Intergraph Process, Power & Marine.

I would suggest you if this happening to the remote computer, to use as an alternative solution the Quick Support and see what will happen. 

After that, there are many ways to take it over but depends on many parameters, like if you having Windows 7 and can update it to Windows 10, or many others, and usually thus decisions are best to be taken after taking the advice of an experienced IT.

I hope this help you solve this issue.

Best regards

• Qiuniu
    Qiuniu Posts: 6

@Vatsilidis 
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    You are right about that S3D is a 3D software developed by Intergraph PPM.
    I have asked the help from them and nothing returnd being helpful.
    As you mentioned, there are too many parameters there, and it is might better to reinstall the OS as a start for tracing down the issue.

However, the most unusual observation is that it works totally fine if I use remote desktop instead of TeamViewer. Any thougts about it?S3D.PNG

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

@Qiuniu 

I'm glad that we approached the root of the cause.

It is not so easy to tell or propose something on this, but by using my imagination, at first I would suggest you try to connect via a different internet connection since during a connection there is not only the computer configuration that plays a significant role.

It is also very important the Quality Of Services that the connected devices and the ISP are giving and many others, like default router firewalls, etc (you could try to disable them inside router's menu for a while and see).

Thank you and best regards

• Qiuniu
    Qiuniu Posts: 6

Vatsilidis
    Followed your suggestion, we have tested with different locations, even different countries, however the problem still presists.
    I think we have no choice but to reinstall the OS and see if it can be fixed.
    Appreciate your  insight and suggestion very much.