Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Can someone replicate my teamviewer ID

I recently noticed someone on my PC using teamviewer, accessing some of my files.

I took a screenshot of the incursion and noted the teamviewer ID (I think that is what it is called) and then closed down and deleted teamviewer.

I looked in the Connections_Incoming log file and found other uses of the same Teamviewer ID a few months ago.  The name connected to the ID however was different.  

I know who the person is who used teamviewer a few months ago with that ID.

Since it is the same ID number, can I assume that it is the same person, even though the name used was different?

I don't know how these things worked and if someone else could use the same teamviewer ID.

I've heard that the teamviewer ID is unique, and I'm assuming that the number that I saw is the teamviewer ID.

I want to go to the police but I don't want to accuse the wrong person.  Is there any way to be sure?  Can I not find the IP address of the person who logged into my pc?

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Can someone replicate my teamviewer ID

My understanding is that the ID is tied to the computer so it's possible that somebody else was using their computer.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Can someone replicate my teamviewer ID

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any way to get a definitive answer from somebody from Teamviewer?  I can't open a ticket because I use the free version so how else can I get in contact with Teamviewer staff?  I need an urgent answer because I'm not getting enough help from the police and have to get a private court order to seize possession of the suspected computer so I can look through the records on that computer..  I need help to shape my affidavit so I can definitevely state that the teamviewer ID used for the incursion could only have come from that specific computer.