Can't activate

I installed the free version. It doesn't seem to be activating. I got the activation link and clicked it but it still seems to be inactive. I tried again but no new activation email arrived and the old one gives 'invalid token'. 

I'm trying to set up Full Access and have activated the options. However, options like 'disable keyboard/mouse' etc. don't show. All I get in the menue are 'Edit profile' and 'Sign out'.

Any ideas? It has me foxed.

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MikeHunt1,

Thank you for your message.

If you encounter activation problems with your professional licence, please open a ticket by sending an e-mail at sales@teamviewer.com

Our support team will get back to you to solve your issue.

I wish you a good day.

Cheers

Community Manager

• Thanks, Jean, but, as I said in my OP: "I installed the free version" It is my understanding that tech support only help those with full paid licences. Will they help me on this?

• JeanK

Hi @MikeHunt1,

Sorry, my mistake, I understood that you trying to activate a paid license on a free version (which actually would make sense).

If you get the message that the token in not valid, it means that your account is already active. After a successful activation, the link expires.

Futhermore, you mention that you can see "sign out". This means that you are connected to your account, so the account should be successfully activated. If it's the first time you are connected to the account, sign out and sign in again. If you get no particular message, your account is activated. If you get a message that says that it's not activated, then you can click on "resend the activation e-mail".

If you want to modify the settings of your TeamViewer connections concerning your device, you will need to go to Extras --> Options on your user interface.

I hope this could help. :-)

Cheers

Community Manager

• Thanks, Jean.  I still see the Activate Licence option on Extras despite activating, so I assumed it hadn't actived and that was why Full Access options weren't showing on my menu. Surely, these settings should give me the options of locking keyboard etc.? It's quite possible I'm being very dense :-)

TeamViewer.JPG

• Can anybody help resolve this?

• JeanK

Hello @MikeHunt1,

Now I think I get what you are asking. :-)

If you want to lock the keyboard of the remote side, you need first to connect to the device and disable the remote input on the dashboard via Action --> Disable remote input as below:

2019-03-01 15_52_17-Window.png

Once you enable this, the partner won't be able to use the keyboard and the mouse during the remote session.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions. :-)

Cheers

Community Manager