Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Connection To Team Viewer Drops Out

Every five minutes my connection to Team Viewer drops out for about 30 seconds. This started when I got a new router because I was told my old one went bad. The connection comes back with out me needing to re-sign in but like clockwork it drops out every five minutes. Not sure if there is a setting that needs to change or what. The connection didn't drop out like that with the old router. New Router: Arris NVG589 - Coroparate Account - WiFi Connection

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: Connection To Team Viewer Drops Out

I use TeamViewer to help an elderly friend across town. We both use Macs.

Lately, each time I disconnect after controlling his computer and his website, my friend gets logged out, and he has to login again. This confuses him (he's 98 years old).  

If I reconnect I can see the login screen and login.This didn't used to happen. How can I end our session without him getting logged out? Anybody know? I just tried various ways of ending the session, but each time I reconnected I see he gets logged out and needs to login again.

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Connection To Team Viewer Drops Out

Hi @DavidFrance,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could you please check the settings in your remote session Toolbar > Actions > Lock Computer > Lock on session end? When checked, any connection ended from your device will lock the remote machine. If you wish to turn this off, un-check the option from the menu. For more information, please check out our KBA - All About the TeamViewer Remote Session Toolbar (Mac)  

I hope it would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Fiona