Connections authenticate without password when teamviewer account is assigned

Options

So I have been using teamviewer to manage my laptops. For each one, I assigned my account in teamviewer and gave it a personal password. I thought that that meant I'd have to enter that personal password when I connect to the PC, but it turns out that if I just double click it in the contacts list the connection will authenticate without any password. Is there any way to require the password for all incoming connections, even if its from the same account? I scoured up and down the settings, but there doesn't seem to be a setting to require a password for all connections.

My fear is that if one person (who is not me) has my laptop, they then have access to all of them. Requiring a password to connect to each computer resolves that issue

Tagged:

Comments

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @Gordon_x64,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

If you grant your own TeamViewer account Easy access, with this feature no password is set and you can easily connect to your device when logged in to your TeamViewer account.

We advise TeamViewer users to be careful with unsolicited phone calls and to not grant access to your PC to anyone you do not know or trust. Only allow persons you trust to remote control your device. Never give people you do not know or trust your TeamViewer ID nor password. 

You can find more information regarding this topic in our article: All about passwords.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G