Disable ads

I'm using licensed (Business) version on OSX, after upgrading to version 15 I have ads showing (see pic)Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 16.27.12.png. Why is this ads here and how can I disable it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GavDaniels
    GavDaniels Posts: 15 ✭✭

Its not just the MAC Version.

My Windows Version is getting the Ad popups as well.

I pay my yearly subscription, how about a little respect!

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,586 Moderator

Hi @GavDaniels 

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience. Can you kindly send over your invoice number and contact details via a Private Message to community moderator please. If possible, kindly share the screenshot of the advertisement or pop-out window please. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • stevenlee
    stevenlee Posts: 5 ✭✭

I'm gettting repeated ads in Teamviewer. I want them to stop, permanantly. 

• AppleCore
    AppleCore Posts: 3 ✭✭

Any way to turn off the ads? I pay for a business level [that is all I need] & get ads that pop up. I don’t need anything more. Just an annoyance. thanks! Otherwise great product/service.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @GavDaniels@mvranjes@AppleCore, and @stevenlee

Thank you for your messages. ?

Licensed customers using Windows can now able to disable in-app ads via the TeamViewer options.

We explain how to proceed here: Disable in-app ads 

Best regards,

Jean

Community Manager

• amalla1970
    amalla1970 Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have windows 10 and I have a registered lic.

After Each asistance I am getting a Add Message "Black Screen is here on Mac" 

I have clicked about 8 times Dont sho again. I dont mind email updates but "pop up adds" disrupt the service flow because after one asistance I have another client waiting. This is on version 15.8.3

• SimonWalsh
    SimonWalsh Posts: 2 ✭✭

This still has not been sorted out.

Time to cancel and move to another service.

• PremiAdmin
    PremiAdmin Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

I am shocked this issue is still ongoing. There is a checkbox on the Windows version of TeamViewer which disables in-app advertising however such an option still does not exist on MacOS. I receive advertisements and pop-ups in my paid version of TeamViewer every single time to disconnect from an endpoint.

On a side note M1 support still **bleep**, the app constantly crashes, and receiving a connection forces the OS to go into 16:9 mode, and it does not go back to 16:10 when you end the connection (on MacBook Pro 14 and 16" devices).

Please fix this TeamViewer, it's embarrassing and i'll be looking to competing products if this isn't resolved by the time we renew in a few months time.

Based on this complaint existing since 2019 I'm not confident i'll be sticking around.

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator
    edited March 2022

Hi @PremiAdmin

thank you for your post. Welcome to our community!

I have good news for you! It is already possible to disable in-app advertising on MacOS 🙌

👉️ More information in this link (answer from Esther): Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?

Regarding the crashes, just for my understanding: Did you already open a ticket?

If yes and you are still waiting for an answer, could you please name it to me in a private message, so that I can assist and ask internally?

If not, please open one, clicking on the following link:

👉️Customer Support

Looking forward to your answer 😀

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)