Existing Teamviewer ID on new computer?

Hello.

I recently had to get a new computer because my old one no longer worked, but I had a teamviewer ID on that old computer, as well as an online account that was associated with it on the Teamviewer website. Is there a way I can use that original teamviewer ID wth my new computer, instead of a new one? And if I can, how do I change it on my new computer, since it gave me a new one when I downloaded the software to it? Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• lbellino
    lbellino Posts: 2

Thanks for your response. Based on your comments, I can still have my online account that lists this new ID as well? I would hate to have to set up another online account, unless I can delete that original one and start over. Please let me know. Thanks.

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi Ibellino, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, you can definitely continue using your account.

Just open your TeamViewer client and sign in with your email address and password in the "Computers & contacts" window which you will se on the right-hand side. Once you are signed in, you can also add your new ID to the list.

If there is anything else that we can assist you with, feel free to let me know!

All the best,

Katharina

• @Katharina wrote:

Hi lbellino, 

Thank you for your post. 

The TeamViewer ID is generated on the basis of various hardware and software identifiers from the computer itself. Every TeamViewer ID is unique and attached to a specific device.

Think of it as a telephone number: it helps our servers identify your device and direct remote control connections to the correct PC.

It is therefore completely normal that you would have a different TeamViewer ID on your new computer and there is no way of changing that ID, I'm afraid.

Your TeamViewer account, on the other hand, is not bound to a specific device. Since it is a web-based account, you can access it from anywhere: Simply sign in to the Computers & contacts list with your email address and password.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions, pelase don't hesitate to let me know!

All the best,

Katharina 

Hi Katharina!

A very funny thinh happened to me, during a re-installation on my iMac.

This is the case history. I changed iMac hd with a ssd one, but my Time Machine backup, saved in an external drive, could not be restored integrally, because it was too big, in respect to the new iMac capacity.

Besides, an iMac new account was created, during the re-installation of iMac.

In order to access the specific folder of Time Machine backup directory, in which I could choose what to transfer and what to leave externally of my desktop, I had to apply permissions to the folder to be copied. I did it, and was consequently able to access to all of the files of that folder, including Applications (and Teamviewer).

in the meanwhile, opening TV and managing the settings, I noticed that TV ID was different in respect of the past, butI tried to login with my credentials as well, without success. So, I created a new TV account, and I succeded.

Some days after, restarting my iMac, magically the old TV ID appeared in its window, so I decided to stop thinking about this matter, wihout being wondering what happened.

Today, after a sudden lack of power, my iMac re-booted, and TV ID changed again, restoring the new one.

My question is: WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THIS ID CHANGE, AND RESTORE THE OLD ID PERMANENTLY?

thanks for your kind support.

Alessandro

• Hi!
    I would very much like to transfer my ID to a new PC. Is it completely impossible?
    My ID is very memorable, I want to use it.

Vladimir.

• Listen Katherina and Teamviewer:

which EXACTLY  "various hardware and software identifiers" from the computer itself you collect and I , the OWNER of such "various hardware and software identifiers"  can not remove from your   db/server ?

If I sell my PC or  laptop ,   I  clean ALL my HD,  all applications/ installed software which have personal data,  INCLUDING CLEANING THE WHOLE WINDOWS  REGISTRY !!!

So,  when buyer of my pc or laptop gets such cleaned-up computer,  and he/she install AGAIN his/her   TeamViewer,
    he /she will NOT ONLY get my   TeamViewer ID  BUT  ALSO  ALL of Partenr IDs !!!

That is TW's ABUSE  of my privacy !!!

A) what is my right to DELETE /REMOVE  my own "various hardware and software identifiers"  from your db/server ?

B) What  is the way to DIS-associate  ID and Partner  IDs  from the  device?:

1) By Re-formating   HD and then re-installing same Windows on same motherboard with same CPU?
    2) By Re-formating   HD and then NEW installing of different Windows,  but on same motherboard but with NEW CPU?
    3)  By Re-formating   HD and then NEW installing of different Windows on DIFFERENT motherboard reusing same CPU ?
    4)  By Re-formating   HD and then NEW installing of different Windows on DIFFERENT motherboard with new CPU ?
    5) None of the above - then which one?

• Hello Kathrina,

i'm using a team viewer portable 13 with a licence key, and a team viewer 14 with another licence ( for some reason).

i was using the portable 13 for more than a month, but today for some reason, it change the ID on my laptop so i most to go to add it to go to licence device and desactivate the old ID and fix the new one, everytime i lost a move. is there any solution for fix my ID so it will not change on my laptop using the portable one?

thank you 

Rabih