Announcements

The Community is moving next week! 

Find all information incl. the timeline and tips for a smooth migration here.

We will be in read-only mode from this Sunday to Tuesday.

Posted by
Electron

I lost access to my 2 Factor Authentication after I got a new phone and can't find my recovery code

My issue is stated above in the subject line. Also, I'd like to add that you should add the 2 factor authentication where you get sent a text every time you try to log in so that even if you do get a new phone (and of course keep the same number) you can still receive your codes.

1 Reply
Posted by
Former Staff

Re: I lost access to my 2 Factor Authentication after I got a new phone and can't find my recovery code

Hi alikhodrali2,

Thank you for posting and welcome to our community. 

Hopefully you have your last phone at your hand. Then please deactivate two factor authentication with that phone. Steps as following:

Deactivate two factor authentication in your user profile settings:

1. Log in with your TeamViewer account at login.teamviewer.com.
  2. Click on your profile name an select Edit profile.
  3. Click the Deactivate link under General | Two factor authentication.
  4. Enter the security code displayed by your authenticator app.
  5. Click the Deactivate button.

If you lose access to your mobile device or to the authenticator app on your device, the recovery key is your last resort to deactivate two-factor authentication. The recovery key allows you to login again with your email and password. Therefore, it must be kept in a secure place. Consider printing more than one copy in case one copy gets lost or destroyed. 

please be noted that The two-factor authentication can not be deactivated by TeamViewer. If you lose your recovery key, you will also lose access to all TeamViewer features where your account is needed. Therefore, it must be kept in a secure place.

Please refer to this article for details.