Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Initializing display or screen cannot be captured

I have been using TeamViewer for years. I have a desktop and laptop for around 1year that have worked flawlessly. Now 80% of the saved connections I try logging into it hangs at the screen “cannot be captured at the moment” or “Initializing display parameters). Keep in mind this is not just for a few PCs. It happens to me ALL DAY LONG for the last month. I called support and was on hold a few times for an hour and was disconnected. Getting frustrated enough to switch software if I can’t get this resolved. I can have the user access my TeamViewer and switch screens and it works perfectly. Thanks

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Initializing display or screen cannot be captured

Hello @Steelenetworks

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🙌

I recommend you to restart the TeamViewer service on your device.

We explain how to proceed in this post right here: Restart TeamViewer service 

I hope this could help. 🍀

Best regards

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Initializing display or screen cannot be captured

Thanks for your fast response. It didn’t make any difference at all. I tried on my laptop and my desktop. If the monitor connected to the remote pc is much smaller than mine, I do not seem to have an issue. Like a 15-17" server monitor. When logging into user PCs that have 22-27" seems to be when I have the issue. This never happened in 3 years with a version under 15. Seems hard to believe its only me having the issue unless something has been changed in my settings. I have many PCs added to my account and have always used the default settings. I haven’t changed one thing. Thanks