Announcements

The Community is moving next week! 

Find all information incl. the timeline and tips for a smooth migration here.

Posted by
Henagon

Main PC ID

Recently logged on to TV after a break.  My main PC name and id has been changed on the console?? My original name is still shown but i can't access it. the original name is the proper name of my PC. but  my tablet and ipad show the new one.  Anyone know how this might have happened.  ( please bear in mind i only have one brain cell like DT so i might be a while for me to understand any of your replies Many thanks  HO

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Main PC ID

Hello @HoHum,

Thank you for your message and welcome! 🙌

The TeamViewer ID of your device shouldn't change. I explicitly say shouldn't because in some edge cases (like doing a major OS update), the TeamViewer ID might change. You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: What is a TeamViewer ID? 

You can edit the name of the devices you have added into your Computer & Contacts list in your Management Console, but also in the TeamViewer program itself, as the TeamViewer program is also featured with your Computers & Contacts list:

1. Open TeamViewer
  2. Click on the device
  3. Go click on the grey gear icon and then on Properties
  4. Edit the computer name in the Alias sectionTeamViewer.png

I hope this could help. 🍀

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. 👇

Best,

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!