Pause / Resume File trasnfers

RichardC
RichardC Posts: 6 ✭✭

If you are trasnferring a very large file, does TeamViewer have functionality to allow you to pause the trasnfer, close TeamViewer then come back to it at a later point and continue where you left off?

Comments

• RichardC

I guess by the complete lack of response that this isn;t something TeamViewer can do. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

• It does

• RichardC

Can you point to any documentation about it? I'm struggling to find reference to it let alone any details. i.e. if the session drops will it resume when the session is re-established?

• No.

Not as far as I can tell.

I just tried resuming after iMac crashed last night.

6gb of 8gb file.  After 6 hours.

Log shows:

8:20:57 am The connection has been established successfully.
    8:24:36 am Upload: Skip identical file "/Users/xxxy/Desktop/yyy.iso"

So "skips" identical file.

NO resume.

• RichardC

It's a pitty the later versions don't have features like this, I'm using TV11 and so far none of the features I'm looking for or have requested have been added to TV so I see no point in upgrading to a later version as I'll still have the same issues.

• TV resumes file transfers, no explicit pause/resume button, but simply closing the file transfer queue entry will stop/pause the file and whren resumed it will carry on where it had left off

Simply hit the top-right x and the file transfer will be stopped.  It will resume if you try to send the same file again.Simply hit the top-right x and the file transfer will be stopped. It will resume if you try to send the same file again.

• k0s
    k0s Posts: 1

But will it attempt to resume if the session gets closed closed?