Remote Access Computer Offline?

Options

I'm trying to access a Windows 10 computer remotely.  I get a message that it's offline.

If the computer is sleeping, is that considered offline? I thought I read that TV can wake up a sleeping computer.  Is there a particular setting I need to use?

(I have the free plan, for personal use.)

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi,

I'm quite sure, but one good start is to see if the Wake On Lan option is enabled on the remote computer.

Hope this helps

Regards

• Lucas27
    Options

I started having the same issue since my last windows update, seems it could have something to do a new sleep setting.

In my case if i hit sleep, the screen turns off immediatly and i cannot access the computer unless I wake it up, but if I hit change user or log off and let the screen shut down by itself (by setting a screen timer in the power and sleep windows settings) then it works.

So I'm using this as a work around for now.

• IPA-4Teamviewer
    IPA-4Teamviewer Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Where do I find this setting in order to change it to WoL?

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

- First, you must enable it from BIOS menu (hardware settings accesible during start of machine). Usualy it is enabled but you have to check it.

- Second, you must take a search for How to enable WoL in Windows 10.

Both settings are easy. In windows 10 is a standard procedure but for the BIOS setting it depends the Brand and version your computer has installed.

Usualy we get access to BIOS by pressing F2 during power on the machine. If not entering just google-it by pc brand and model number.

Regards, Lampros