Remote computer (iMac) goes offline after a few days

gpindc
gpindc Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have successfully connected to my remote (iMac) computer on Team Viewer, but every week, after a few days, the remote computer goes off line.  I have checked all of the settings, including the one that allows me to wake up the remote computer, but the remote computer remains off line.  I am running the most up-to-date (free) version of Team Viewer on my local and remote Macs/OS Catalina)   Any ideas on how to fix this?

Gail Prensky

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @gpindc 

I think that you could take some insights from this related link.

Please pay attention in the section "Keep your Mac from going to sleep automatically: Select “Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off.

Please update if this works for you.

Best regards

• gpindc

Thank you for your suggestion.  The iMac is already set  with the "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off". 

Then, I decided maybe to help things further, five days ago, I checked the start up or wake time every day to 5pm and restart ever day at 7am.  But this did not make a difference.

Gail Prensky
  • Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Did you enable the checkbox of the advanced menu as shown in the screenshot, in order to allow full access to the remote iMac?

Screenshot 2020-04-16 02.33.38.png

• gpindc

I will double check in a couple of days when I can physically go onto my remote computer.  I do think the settings are the same as on my Macbook.Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 6.29.46 PM.png

Gail Prensky