Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

macOS Catalina

Has anyone gotten Teamviewer to work on Catalina? When I connect from another computer, I just see the desktop background and the menu bar at the top. Yes I realize this is beta software etc. Just wondering if anyone has had any success.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon
Solution

Re: macOS Catalina

Security & Privacy > Screen Recording > TeamViewer

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon
Solution

Security & Privacy > Screen Recording > TeamViewer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

That indeed worked, thanks!

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

thanks for your messages.

Please see also TeamViewer is preparing for macOS Catalina for more information.

Have a great evening,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Brilliant!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

What about the people who have bought license to Teamviewer 12 also not working with Mac OS Catalina.  This is far from being solved!

Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hello @Suzy76 

Thank you for your message.

Kindly refer to the Support Operating Systems article:

2019-11-20 11_42_11-Which operating systems are supported for which TeamViewer versions_.png

MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) is only compatible with TeamViewer versions 14.7 and higher.

It is not possible to install TeamViewer 12 on a device running MacOS 10.15 Catalina; TeamViewer 12 would only be compatible up to MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra).

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

So we are forced to upgrade to higher version and no solution will be provided for teamviewer version 12?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Hello @Suzy76 

Thank you for your post.

Please refer to the TeamViewer Product Lifecycle Policy.

In section 3.3 (Maintenance phases), Active Maintenance of versions starts with the release of the version and ends with the release of the next version. This includes OS compatibility.

TeamViewer Product Lifecycle Policy - Active MaintenanceTeamViewer Product Lifecycle Policy - Active Maintenance

Once the new version of TeamViewer is released, we cannot guarantee Operating System compatibility, as some major Operating System updates alter or remove components that older versions may have used.

You can download the full TeamViewer Lifecycle Policy pdf here.

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

we are installing a corporate License of Team Viewer 12 on Catalina with no issues, and we have learned how to use it so to say it CANT be installed is a very bold statement because I KNOW it can.

Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Hello @kennethh 

Thank you for your message, and the feedback.

You are correct; I should not have used the word not. Rather, I should have used 'compatible', as I did in my second reply.

Regardless, version 12 is not a supported version for MacOS Catalina, as mentioned in our Supported Operating Systems article, and it would not be updated to become compatible with the latest MacOS or any other Active Maintenance, per our Product Lifecycle Policy.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hello

I've uninstalled TeamViewer on my iMac and right after I restarted the iMac. Now, whenever I try to put on the computer it takes me to the login page where I put in my passwords. As soon as it loads all I get is a black screen and a small popup box:

"Unrecoverable error.

SecurityAgent was unable to create requested mechanism TeamViewerAuthPlugin:start.

OK"

Clicking "OK" makes no difference. 

Apple doesn't know what to do. The one I spoke to didn't at least.

Any advice please let me know.

Thanks in Advance 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

This wokred for me Teamveiwer version12:

If you can see everything, but cannot control, try the following on the Mac you want to control: 

1. On the Mac that you want to control, go to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessibility.
  2. Un-check the TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop entries.
  3. Check the TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop entries again.

If you still cannot control the Mac and it has "Start with system" turned on:

1. Turn "Start with system" off on the Mac you want to control (Remote Control > Unattended Access).
  2. Restart that Mac (just in case).
  3. Open TeamViewer again (still with "Start with system" off).

Can you control that Mac now?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hello

I can't see anything. The screen is completely black with a small pop that doesn't do anything 

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

When I click on the solution thread I am returned here so I can't find it.  Please repeat the soluiton in this thread or fix the links.  Thanks.

The problem is below:

Has anyone gotten Teamviewer to work on Catalina? When I connect from another computer, I just see the desktop background and the menu bar at the top. 

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @befreetech1 

Thanks for your message.

I think you find the solution in this article: How to control a Mac running macOS 10.14 or higher 

Hope this helps,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

I have the same problem, is there any solution ?