remote sound from stick pc

Hi,

I am using TeamViewer to control a stick PC running Win10. The stick has no monitor nor any speakers, so the volume/speaker icon is crossed out on the task bar. Is there any way I can get the stick to send sounds back to the controlling device without plugging in a usb speaker?

Thanks,

Neil.

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Coastliner 

I haven't tried it, but I believe it will work.

I believe you should try a search for "How to play internal sound in Windows 10" and it can be done from the audio devices menu, after enabling the internal sound line device. 

Best regards

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have solved the problem by plugging a "ghost" monitor into the hdmi on the stick, this enabled the speaker so now all sounds from the stick come back to the controlling devive via Teamviewer. I belive an HDMI to VGA converter plugged into the port will do the same thing.

Regards,

Neil.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Well done @Coastliner . Smart way!

Have in mind that HDMI to VGA adapters usually has a 3.5mm jack output on it, in order to drive the sound to the external speakers or any sound receiving device (it can't travel through the VGA cable). That means you must go again in the settings and make use of the internal sound line.

Best regards