Business License problem.

goldnet
goldnet Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

I'm using a TeamViewer 13 with business licence.

Software program is correctly register in Managemente console:ID_MCO.pngbut licence is now set as Free:

help_about.png 

How can I correct it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @goldnet

Thanks for your post.

Under Help -->About --> License the license which is locally activated on your device will be displayed. Since the TeamViewer licenses for version 13 are exclusivly activated on the TeamViewer accounts, you might see "free" or "trial expired" here. No worries if you are having a license for TeamViewer 13: The only relevant information for your license is stated under Account license. Here it should name your type of license.

The license information stated under Help -->About --> License is still relevant for customers using a previous version of TeamViewer.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi goldnet, 

Thank you for your post!

From the screenshots that you kindly provided I can see that your Business licence is attached to your account ("Account licence: Business"), juts like it should be. This means that as soon as you sign in to your account with your email address and password, your licence will be recognised and all your connections will be licenced. 

The upper line, which says "Licence: Free", is in fact referring to the local TeamViewer client, which cannot be licenced with your Business 13 licence. As long as you are signed in to your licenced account, you can simply disregard this message. I understand that having this seemingly contradictory information in your TeamViewer client can be confusing and am therefore happy to inform you that we are already working on fixing this. In the near future, your TeamViewer client will only display the licence that you are actually using -- in your case the account licence.

Until then you can rest assured that your licence is activated correctly and that you have nothing to worry about as far as your remote control connections are concerned.

If you have any further questions on this, please do not hesitate to let me know!

All the best,

Katharina

• Thanks for your reply.

The problem is when I start a new session I have the warning "suspected commercial use" and session may be limited to 5 minutes.

Thanks.

• Katharina

Dear goldnet, 

Thank you for your prompt response. In order to find out why you are receiving a commercial use warning, I would kindly ask you to provide me with some further information.

Can you confirm that you are signed in to your account when you receive that notification?

Could you maybe also let me know which operating system you are using on the device in question?

Thank you in advance for your reply. I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Katharina

• Yes, TW is signed in used account used in licence.

SO is Windows Server 2008 R2

Thanks.

• Katharina

Hi goldnet, 

Thank you for your reply. 

As the TeamViewer 13 Business licence is limited to three specific devices, it is not officially supported on server operating systems such as Windows Server 2008 R2 as these operating systems generate a separate ID for each user session. 

Please see the following Knowledge Base article for further information:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-license-TeamViewer-on-server-operating-systems/ta-p/4616

This is most probably why your licence is not being properly recognised on the server. We would therefore recommend activating the Business licence only on "traditional" operating systems (such as Windows 8 or 10).

How will you be using TeamViewer? Would it be possible for you to activate the licence on the other side of the connection, on the computers that you will be connecting to? 

All the best,

Katharina

• Hi, 

I'm usising TW on server 2008, but with a single local or RDP user.

Today the problem (apparently) was self-solved... strage...

• Katharina

Hi goldnet, 

Thanks for the update!

Yes, using the Business licence with a single RDP user might work, but we still recommend using only Premium licences in server operating systems, just to be on the safe side.

However, all the better if it is working now :)

Have a good weekend!

Katharina

• CT_15
    CT_15 Posts: 1

I understand that Business license is not advisable to be licensed on Windows Server. What about when Business licensed user were to support endpoint which is a server?

Kindly advise. Thank you.