Can't change resolution on client

Hi all,

I have TV12 installed.  When loggin-in to a remote pc I only have one option beneath the View > Screen Resolution menu option (2560 X 1600).  Is there a way to change this?  I know there used to be more options but now I'm limited to just the one.

Thanks

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi hhs2112.

Thanks for your post!

Can you tell us if you are able to manually change the resolution of the remote end? in other words, can you remote into the device and navigate to the screen resolution and change it here?

TeamViewer only has the ability to change between the resolutions that are available at the remote end, so it  would be good to know if you can change this at the remote side.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • hhs2112
    hhs2112 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Scotty,

Yes, I can manually change the screen resolution.  If I go to display settings on the remote pc I see roughly 20 options starting at 800 X 600 and going all the way to 2560 X 1600.  I can choose any of the options and the screen will resize.

Using the View > Screen Resolution option in TeamViewer I see only the 2560 X 1600 option.  Also, TeamViewer seems to revert to a default resolution 1024 X 768 after reboots.

Let me know if you need any screencaps - happy to send them along.

Thanks,

Harry

• i have something like this , my resolution going to

• Screenshot_1.jpg

i have something like this , my resolution going to

• i cant change resolution in desktop settings on remote pc,only i have 640*480 choice

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

Here is my example showing the issue:

ScreenResolution_1.png

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • RustyJ
    RustyJ Posts: 2

Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue.

• mLipok

not yet.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • William_L
    William_L Posts: 8 Staff member 🤠

Hi hhs2112,

There is currently a known issue where using a higher 'scaling' option on a 2K monitor can prevent TeamViewer from seeing/changing the remote computer resolution in the TeamViewer toolbar.

To confirm if this is the case, could you check the scaling options of the remote computer?
    If it is 125% or 150% please try using 100%.

Currently the only workaround for this issue is to change the scaling, however it should be fixed an upcoming update.

• mLipok

I'll check it ASAP

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Reto
    Reto Posts: 1

I have the same issue here with 150% scaling. Do I need to buy a license for version 12 for this to work correctly or will this also be fixed in version 11 I have?

• mLipok

@William_L wrote:

Hi hhs2112,

There is currently a known issue where using a higher 'scaling' option on a 2K monitor can prevent TeamViewer from seeing/changing the remote computer resolution in the TeamViewer toolbar.

To confirm if this is the case, could you check the scaling options of the remote computer?
    If it is 125% or 150% please try using 100%.

Currently the only workaround for this issue is to change the scaling, however it should be fixed an upcoming update.

I have found a case where on remote station I have 100% and this issue occurse.

So this is not only related to "ZOOM" options.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • DDE
    DDE Posts: 1

I have the same problem using a PC witout a "physical" screen.

Do you get a solution ?

• RustyJ
    RustyJ Posts: 2

No, I have not.

• sqgl
    sqgl Posts: 1

teamviewer.PNG

I have similar problem, both host and client running Win7 & TV12, I am offered "optimal resolution" of 1280x720 whereas it should be 1920x1080 which is what the remote laptop screen was running at (ie maximum resolution) before the teamviewer session. While connected with TV I am not able to change the resolution even within windows on the remote computer - only 1280x720p is offered there too. Anyone sitting at the remote computer can see 1920x1080 is still in operation but the sindows are all shuffled and resized to fit into a 1280x720 area.

It used to work fine, so has something changed in a recent TV update?

• kk1
    kk1 Posts: 1

same on my end

cant do anything besides 640x480

any help?

• vdvb
    vdvb Posts: 3 ✭✭

same here
    Headless ubuntu system 16.04
    Only resolution 640*480 --> not workable
    Waiting for resolution
    thx in advance

• avant-guvnor
    avant-guvnor Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same problem here too.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and my remote is running the same OS. The remote display resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 but when I remote in with Teamviewer 12, I only get a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 (incidentally, 2/3 of the expected display resolution).

This issue has only started to occur recently so I suspect it is due to either a recent Teamviewer 12 update OR the windows 10 creators update (version 1703).

Remote access using Microsoft Remote Desktop does not exhibit the problem.

Any help on this problem is much appreciated.

• aj911
    aj911 Posts: 1

Same issue with teamviewer 12.

Windows 10 64 Bit OS. 4 x Sapphire 570 RX's 2 x Sapphire 580 Nitros. You can plug in another screen to the GPU's and get multiple monitors if you have it enabled in your GPU settings in the BIOS. 

MSI Z270A sli plus bios. Not had this issue with other motherboards either. 

• Hi all:

This problem only occur with installed TW.
    I use portable one and all resolutions are available. 
    But I still desire to know how to fix that with installed TW.

Leon

• Topic started 8 months ago, is there any solution provided to this problem? I have the same LOW resolution isseu with payed version TV10. 

• I had a similar issue and discovered that I got this issue when the monitor of the computer I wanted to control was disconnected. As soon as the power was switched back on, I was able to remotely control it with normal (and variable) resolution. Hope this helps

• avant-guvnor

How does this help if the PC/Server is headless, which is exactly why I use TeamViewer?

• Your statement is clear but it doesnt help . Still there is no propper soution to this?

• Your statement is clear but it doesnt help . Still there is no propper soution to this?

• Is there a software update or a patch for this yet?

As a work around I have to connect a monitor to one of my remote PCs to enable multiple resolutions so that I can even use TV. 

Thnaks, 

Chris

• vdvb
    vdvb Posts: 3 ✭✭

I really think, they dont give a **bleep**.
    I found a solluction -> using different software :-)

• avant-guvnor

Which different software are you now using?

• For a headless virtual pc, make sure you configure the virtual display adapter with enough memory to support the higher resolutions.  The Vmware client includes a calculator. This solved the problem for me at least.

• avant-guvnor

Not all headless PCs/Servers are virtual. Do you have a solution for non-virtual PCs/Servers?