Cannot connect to user that is on Windows VPN

I have an issue with some of the computers I try to connect to when the user is on a VPN connection.  This is not the Teamviewer VPN, the user is using a standard WIndows IPsec VPN connection to get access to our network drives.  Most of the time it says Connecting..., then after a pause, I get an error:No connection to partner!  Partner did not connect to router.  Error Code: WaitforConnectFailed.  If they disconnect VPN, boom!, I'm in right away (after password).  Sometimes, after 3-4 minutes it will let me in, but not usually.

This is very frustrating as I sometimes am dealing with trouble that requires them to be connected to the network.  

I am running licensed V15.7.6 Teamviewer.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Tagged:

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    edited February 2022

Hello @CQuackenbush,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Yes, this sounds familiar to us and is actually expected that it is not working:

The reason for this is that the VPN locks both devices in a virtual private network as the name says. TeamViewer can't access this private network and can therefore not establish a connection.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this.

I hope this could help. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• luigivento
    luigivento Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2023

I have the same issue. The PC still shows up as a connected device so it's a bit misleading. There should be a third state: connected but unavailable., with an information popup explaining the situation (so that we don't have to find this page :) )

There's a strange thing tho. When I connect to VPN while the TeamViewer connection is active, it doesn't drop the connection. It could be a workaround in some cases when we are able to connect to VPN ourselves (or at least being connected when this happens) and of course hope that the VPN connection doesn't get interrupted, because it's true only for the active session, no chance to reconnect.