Codecs for TeamViewer convertion

Hyall!

Win8.1x64

codecs.png

I have only these codecs trying to convert .tvs files

K-Lite codecs pack & distinct ffdshow codec had been installed

How to add new codecs to TeamViewer converter?

BTW msinfo32 also shows only 'standard' win codecs

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @abikarus

Does this article maybe help you? How to convert a recorded TeamViewer session

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• abikarus
    abikarus Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi!

As I said, I had installed ffdshow codec. And K-Lite codecs package as well

But in TeamViewer's menu they are abscent!

• abikarus
    abikarus Posts: 3 ✭✭

So, is it possible to add new codecs into TeamViewer built-in converter?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi abikarus,

Unfortunately no, it is not possible to add additional codecs into the TeamViewer converter. It can only convert to the codecs listed.

Sorry about that.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • It is possible to add additional codecs into TeamViewer for conversion.

Click the link provided above by the TeamViewer Community Manager to the knowledge base article, and scroll down to the "Minimum File Size" section at the bottom.  Here is the link again.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it though - that is how I ended up here.  I have ffdshow installed, but it doesn't show up in the converter Codec drop-down list.  Check out this video of a guy who uses ffdshow, but doesn't explain how to make TeamViewer see the codec.

• pu5her
    pu5her Posts: 1

You need to install 32-bit version of ffdshow

• newuser
    newuser Posts: 1

I found this googling the exact same problem, and now that I found a (quite simple) way to get more codecs to show up and I want to share that for the next guy/gal:

I have TeamViewer 9 on Windows 10 and even with installing K-Lite and ffdshow, as was mentioned here too, I could only extend the liste to a rather unusable ffdshow option (very large file size and quality issues).

I uninstalled both TeamViewer 9 and the K-Lite Codec Pack and then FIRST re-installed the Mega K-Lite Codec Pack (don't know if it's necessary to use the complete version) and only afterwards I re-installed TeamViewer. (To be safe I rebooted the system after each step because, you know, Windows).

With that order, TeamViewer apparently is able to recognize the installed codecs completely and other codecs finally showed up in the conversion options:

lw9OtWK

So it is possible, I hope this helps although I have a very old version of TeamViewer. If the issue persists in newer versions, it should be possible there too.