Connection Could not Be Established. Reason Unknown.

Hi

i have a error on my teamvier"Reason Unknown" Not sure what to do to fix

Please assist

Tagged:

Comments

• j43
    j43 Posts: 2

me too

• bec
    bec Posts: 1

How do you fix this error message

• itsouth
    itsouth Posts: 6 ✭✭

Anyone has a solution?

• itsouth
    itsouth Posts: 6 ✭✭

Well I never got a response too - I reinstalled the Host and it worked.

• bjblackmore
    bjblackmore Posts: 12 ✭✭

Suddenly this morning, non of our service desk analysts could connect to users workstations with teamViewer. We have a 7 session license, and support 9,000 workstations/users. This morning, all of our SD analysts had an issue, where they couldn't connect to any users workstations, via TV ID, or hostname or IP. The popup box "Unable to connect - Reason unknown" was being shown to everyone that tried. We're using the latest v12.0.80984 C client

• I use free license version of Teamviewer (13.0.6447). I have seen same error there occasionally.

• Silip tekrardan kurmayı deneyebilirsiniz. Kimi zaman temp dosyalarını da temizlemeyi unutmayın.

Teşekkürler.

• AlexFogerty
    AlexFogerty Posts: 35 ✭✭

I'm seeing it too. It has only started doing this in the past 30 days.

TeamViewer_Failed_Reason_Unknown.jpg

• AlexFogerty
    As I haven't received a reply from TeamViewer on here I have opened a support ticket with them directly. I will let you guys know what the resolution is when / if I get one.
  • Unable to connect my partner computer. Problem shown me reason unknown.

• using a vpn is one of the temporary solution i have

• AlexFogerty
    Teamviewer Support suggested a complete uninstall and reinstall:

1) Uninstall TeamViewer from the Control Panel > Programs & Features

2) Delete the TeamViewer folder at below.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer
    %appdata%\Teamviewer

3) Delete the TeamVewer keys in the Registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> TeamViewer [32 bit OS]
    HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> TeamViewer [64 bit OS]
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer
    (*Deleting other important keys in registry may cause a serious problem to your computer.)

4) Download TeamViewer and install
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/
  • using teamviewer in osx

• Michiel
    Michiel Posts: 13 ✭✭

(Corporate account)

Since last friday (around 16:00 NL time) we've been having issues connecting to customers. 

Today i'm still getting a lot of 'Reason unknown' replies when trying to connect. Abd frankly this is getting annoying our customers are located around the globe and i can't just 'drop by'.

When are these issues solved!?

• I reported the problem. Still no answer. The call center is always busy

• Michiel
    Same, can't get through to helpdesk either, not likely they will be able to do anything.
  • Michiel

Still getting some random 'Reason Unknown' here ant there, hopefuly this will resolve itself after a restart.

• Bjorgvin
    Bjorgvin Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hi Teamviewer peeps :-)

I'm also getting random "Reason unknown" this morning, sometimes we're in luck after 2-3 tries :-(

Cheers, Björgvin/Vegagerdin

EDIT: Having problems loggin into the Management Console also, been like this for 15 minutes now:

Second EDIT: 60 minutes now

Third EDIT: I'm in now :-)

tv.jpg

Björgvin Arnarsson
  • Michiel
    Same problem here, i can't even connect to systems on my local lan...

And systems i was on a few minutes ago i try to reconnect suddenly give 'Reason Unknown'.
    I mean it's standing 1 room away...

This has been going on since 26/10/2018... when will the issue be solved?
  • Same problem here, cannot connect more than 10 users in 4 countries.

The status update website does not seem to reflect the total unavailability of teamviewer service.

• These problems are increasing constantly.

We are customers since the first version and over the years the service is getting worse and worse and the prces are rising constantly..

Time to look for another remote solution.

• bbull
    bbull Posts: 1

We do have the ame issue. It started abou 1 or 2 weeks ago with a few partners.

-> Right now, we cant connect to anyone. Message: "Unknown Error"
    -> We were unable to log into our TV account for 30 Min

Tel Support Line is busy.

We cant work here....

• Can not confirm. Account login using 2fa was NOT possible.

• Machinvert
    Machinvert Posts: 1

I am having an issue while connecting to partner ID i am getting an error reason unknown. i tried all sorts turn off firewall, uninstall and reinstall team viewer version,  etc ,,, still no luck any one can think of any other solution i also tried changing the password but no luck so far

• Krisk1
    Krisk1 Posts: 1

I am having an issue while connecting to partner ID i am getting an error reason unknown. i tried all sorts turn off firewall, uninstall and reinstall team viewer version,  etc ,,, still no luck any one can think of any other solution i also tried changing the password but no luck so far

• mcalin
    mcalin Posts: 1

Followed the indicated steps and worked (reinstalled TV on the machine where got the error). Thanks to submitter 

• Mdnehal
    Mdnehal Posts: 3 ✭✭

Unknow reason, I could not connect to any computers, Each time I tried to connect it says' CONNECTION couldn't be ESTABLISHED' Reason: Unknown.  Please help me to fix this issue. Thank you 

• AlexYar
    AlexYar Posts: 1

TV14 not connect to TV12

Unable to Connect reason unknown

what's the problem again ?

• The same problem already second day, help please

• Yoyo2
    Yoyo2 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been trying to access my computer remotely, but I keep getting "a Connection could not be established, Reason Unknown" 

Both computers have the same version, so I tried to use a spare computer, the issue still persisted.

Is there any solution to the problem?