Posted by fostandy
Henagon

Disable microphone acquisition when remoting into another machine

Is there a way to stop teamviewer from acquiring the microphone when I remote into another machine?

I appreciate that it is trying to prepare for a possible conference call with the machine but in some cases I just want to remotely manage the computer and not talk with anybody on the other side.

With my bluetooth headphones (which are configured as both speakers and headset), the microphone acquisition has the side effect of muting my speakers. (This isn't behaviour specific to TeamViewer, but any device that acquires my headphones)

3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: Disable microphone acquisition when remoting into another machine

I would suggest messing with the settings in Options > Audio conference, specifically the Red and Yellow arrows in the pic below. You should be able to specify what Mic to use so that it does not lock onto your BT Mic.

tv Audio Conf.png

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by HOT_since_90
Henagon

I'm also experiencing this problem (I think). My symptoms are:

Listening to Spotify/Youtube/Skype call/audio of some kind, then open a TeamViewer window to another machine and my audio quality changes (lose bass, but still works).

I know it's caused by the microphone being "activated" because when I go into Windows Sound settings, Recording tab, then the microphone activates there too and the same sound quality issue occurs.

I'm using a Plantronics USB headset.

I'm starting to think it's a Windows glitch.

Posted by RickOShay
Photon

I know this is an old thread - but this issue is very serious. Having audio automatically output to connected devices is a security risk - there needs to be a simpler way to switch on audio and detect if another audio app is handling audio coms. At the moment it is somewhat obfuscated. I use Discord normally for comms. And so by default audio should not be on in TV unless I change that setting. There should be a simple button in TV that toggles all audio.