Posted by robertomario
Henagon

Error installation "verification of your teamviewer version failed "windows 7

I can not install teamviewer!!

Verification of your Teamviewer version failed!

How can I fix it? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: Error installation "verification of your teamviewer version failed "windows 7

Dear @robertomario,

This issue you described could be caused by corrupted registry keys left behind by a faulty installation, or a Windows update.

Please try the following:

-Remove any versions of TeamViewer via the add/remove programs option from Control Panel.

-Go to Regedit: remove the full TeamViewer folders located in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\]

and if there the folder "TVInstallTemp" (also located in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\] )

-Also, please delete the entire TeamViewer folder located in %temp%

-Restart the machine.

-Reinstall a fresh copy of TeamViewer from our website, copy the installation file directly under C:, disable temporarly your Antivirus and run the installation as "Run as Admin" (Right click on the installation file and select "Run as Admin")

I hope this solves the issue.

Take care,

Giovanni.

Giovanni
Enterprise Solutions Engineer

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the "Accept as a Solution" button below.
You can also say thanks by clicking on the "Thumbs Up" button! (Kudo)
7 Replies
8 Replies
Highlighted
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: Error installation "verification of your teamviewer version failed "windows 7

Dear @robertomario,

This issue you described could be caused by corrupted registry keys left behind by a faulty installation, or a Windows update.

Please try the following:

-Remove any versions of TeamViewer via the add/remove programs option from Control Panel.

-Go to Regedit: remove the full TeamViewer folders located in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\]

and if there the folder "TVInstallTemp" (also located in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\] )

-Also, please delete the entire TeamViewer folder located in %temp%

-Restart the machine.

-Reinstall a fresh copy of TeamViewer from our website, copy the installation file directly under C:, disable temporarly your Antivirus and run the installation as "Run as Admin" (Right click on the installation file and select "Run as Admin")

I hope this solves the issue.

Take care,

Giovanni.

Giovanni

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the "Accept as a Solution" button below.
7 Replies
Posted by robertomario
Henagon

I followed all the step,

Everything went fine!! Thanks so much!!

TeamViewer Staff

Hi @robertomario,

nice to hear that!

Could you please mark my previous reply as solution so other users can use it in case they have the same issue as you? 

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Giovanni.

Giovanni

Posted by ZIG
Photon

Hello,

I had the same problem on a Windows 7 Wyse thin client. It's because the ramdisk had a size of 100 MB and you need 120 MB.

Posted by Judge
Photon

Hello,

it is easier to delete the key "State" from the registry:

HKEY_USERS\USER_SID\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing

or

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing

reinstallation not necessary ;-)

Bye

Sascha

Posted by brunkovac
Electron

Hi everyone,

My installation fails with the same error when starting the TeamViewer service during the installation.

I tried all the steps, disabling the firewall and antivirus, nothing helped...

I even tried the solution from this link: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Error-quot-Verification-of-your-Teamviewer-ve...

regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll

But that didn't help either...

I'm running Windows 10, Version  10.0.17134.

If anyone has any idea, please do not hesitate to throw it at me, I'm getting desperate...

Posted by Francesco2332
Electron

Re: Error installation "verification of your teamviewer version failed "windows 10

Hello,
I also have the same problem:
I installed teamviewer, when the PC restarted I got the error: "teamviewer critical error version failed".
I tried to uninstall the program, also with the help of "GEEK".
I performed all the steps described above, deleted the registry keys, in the "% temp%" folder
Now I no longer have any registry keys, not even the program installed, but the error continues to appear when I restart.
I also tried to insert the wintrust dll.
But that error always appears when restarting the PC.

How can I solve it?
Help!!

Posted by Francesco2332
Electron

Re: Error installation "verification of your teamviewer version failed "windows 10

I insert the error message that appears when the PC restartsImmagine.png