Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Installing Team Viewer on corporate laptop to access my home computer

Hi there,

I was thinking about installing team viewer on the machine I got from my work, so that I can from time to time log in to my home machine when I want to do something on it while at work. I consider this being a personal use case, but I am not sure if it is the correct interpretation. I would be glad to find that out and be sure before I install it. What do you think?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Installing Team Viewer on corporate laptop to access my home computer

any news?

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Installing Team Viewer on corporate laptop to access my home computer

Hi @Tokukarin 

Thanks for your question.

What you are describing is indeed a typical use case for commercial usage as it is a connection from your work computer. 

The other way around: From your home computer to your work computer is also commercial. Basically every connection you make from or to your work computer requires a license.

If this is the only connection you want to make, I recommend the new Remote Acces license for you. I´ll get you the link for more information: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/content/lo-remote-access/

I hope this clarifies your question.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started