Announcements

Shape the future of your TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by Dreigo42
Henagon

Is this Commercial Use?

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. I'm running 4 Hyper-V Virtual Machines on my personal Windows 10 desktop and running Windows Server 2016 on them. I am learning to administrate SCCM and as such have built a small virtual lab on my personal computer. They are evaluation editions so they are only good for 180 days. However, it is a domain enviroment (as SCCM requires it) so I'm assuming that's what Teamviewer is seeing and assuming this is Commercial use. Can anyone confirm/deny this is commercial use? I have TeamViewer installed on them so that I can access them from work during lunch/breaks without having to take control of the host machine as someone else might be using it for other things.

2 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Is this Commercial Use?

Hello @Dreigo42,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer is offered free of charge to everybody for personal, non-commercial use; such examples would be supporting friends and family remotely, or connecting to a personal computer at home.

Examples of commercial use would be

• Connecting to your company PC or server from your home office
  • Assisting businesses or organizations, even on a voluntary basis
  • Other connections involving money or services provided

As your connections utilize connecting to domain servers, it would be considered Commercial Use

I would recommend reaching out to our sales team so we may discuss your use case a bit more with our licensing department! Also useful: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/pricing/commercial-use/

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Highlighted
Posted by ssybesma
Trigon

Re: Is this Commercial Use?

I need to correct you. Server does not imply domain server. You can have a server that's not part of a domain. People do it all the time if it's something they have on their home network. You are blocking personal use on all servers, domain or not.