Moving cursor on Windows client causes screen to blackout?

Options

I'm having one of the most crazy issues with a couple Windows computers (not all) where when I move the cursor the screen goes black for a split second, but it is enough to interrupt any clicks or interactions that I attempt to initiate.

For example, if I move the cursor and manage to click on the Start button, I may or may not be able to get `cmd` entered quickly enough and then even if I do that and I right click it in an attempt to get it to open in administrative mode, the screen 99 times out of 100 will go black before I can click that. Then even if I somehow do click it, I then cannot click the "Yes" on the UAC prompt in time to actually finish getting the cmd prompt up.

This is an absolutely maddening situation because it makes work entirely impossible. 

I have found that if I use the keyboard and do not touch the mouse, it will generally not black out, so it appears to be a problem that is somehow bound to the cursor movements / clicks vs the keyboard input.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to resolve it?

Comments

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi ylluminate,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with using your mouse and the black screen issue.

Being that you have a license, I recommend to contact your local TeamViewer support center as this issue may require more in depth technical assistance.

All the best,

Jonathan

• ylluminate
    ylluminate Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately it is taking a long time to get support attention. It seems like days before we can get help in this fashion. :(

Don't get me wrong, I really was happy with the quality of support on my last case on a Linux issue, but it takes literally multiple days to get something going. I can't really tolerate this kind of delay and I have an angry customer over it.