TW15 Host - Change Unattended Password

Hi Folks,

we have deployed TW15 Host via MSI/GPO (without easy access) and assigned each station to our account (with groups and policies).

Now we want to change the personal password for unattended access, what is the best way to do that?

Thanks

Danny

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @fondazione_cari,

Thank you for your message - good to see you publish your first post! ?

The best way to do change the unattended password on your deployed devices would be to:

1. Export from one device the unattended password in a .tvopt file
    2. Deploy the exported file on your devices

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Thanks @JeanK for your response,

I have a GPO that issue the following command:
    msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxx APITOKEN=0000000-k9lhF9qo6MZIijO9P12D

Does I need to redeploy the full package, forcing the reinstallation of the product, i.e.:
    msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxx APITOKEN=0000000-k9lhF9qo6MZIijO9P12D SETTINGSFILE="C:/my_settingsfile.tvopt"

or just issue a command to import the custom options, i.e.:
    msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn SETTINGSFILE="C:/my_settingsfile.tvopt"

Thanks in advance,
    Danny

• Shawn_Moran
    Shawn_Moran Posts: 2 ✭✭

Following - also looking for command line to import changed TVOPT file.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @fondazione_cari and @Shawn_Moran,

Sorry for the late reply.

Please follow the instruction of the section Apply TeamViewer options (recommended) in the section Configuration of installation of the following article:

The command should be:

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn SETTINGSFILE="C:/my_settingsfile.tvopt"

or

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn SETTINGSFILE="\\share\my_settingsfile.tvopt"

...depending on if it is a shared file or not.

Community Manager