Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Pierrot28
    Pierrot28 Posts: 1

Same problem. I raised a ticket 1 week ago, but still have no answer....

• Dancekid
    Dancekid Posts: 1
    same problem here, anyone got a solution to mark as "personalusage" ? greetings michael
  • Bankfodder
    Bankfodder Posts: 23 ✭✭

@toremf wrote:

I tried, but it was  too complicated with Goodle.[competitor link remove by moderator per Community Guidelines

Me too.  Tv is better, though

• jchongkoon
    jchongkoon Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello Esther,

I understand the situation about commercial use but this is not my case since I use it to manage the PC.

I commented in the previous message that my use is to control my Yaesu room (Wires-X) since I have it on another PC.

The reason why the way I have it installed is to guide more to the radio community and this has no commercial or profit purposes.

I would appreciate it if you deleted me from the blacklist that you manage in the Teamviewer database.

Regards,

• Jancux
    Jancux Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am a long time trouble free user of TeamViewer (currently using version 13).

A new problem has arisen, which I understand many users are encountering, whereby any connection disconnects rapidly stating that the session has timed out and preventing reconnection for ten minutes.

I use this software on four private computers, two of which are Windows 10 and the other two being Windows 8.1. Both Windows 8.1 PC’s are running the TeamViewer normally, whereas both Windows 10 PC’s have the problem.

Question is this a Windows 10/TeamViewer issue and is there a solution?

Jancux

• cryoplay
    cryoplay Posts: 1

Teamviewer says that I have to solve a license because I would use Teamviewer for business purposes. This is not true. Unfortunately, I do not hear anything from the support. No help regarding the wrong message. Are there any other ways to contact support from Switzerland?

• Parad2373
    Parad2373 Posts: 1

The connection is blocked after exceeding the time limit. How do I resolve this issue?

• Jbib
    Jbib Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Same problem for me.
    I hope it will be solve soon ... :-(
  • buon giorno, uso teamviewer da private per collegare i computers di famiglia.

ultimamente mi esce questa scritta:

Connessione bloccata dopo il raggiungimento del tempo massimo

come posso riattivare il sistema....ripeto che l 'utilizzo é assolutamente privato

grazie

• Diehappy
    Diehappy Posts: 2

I apologize in advance for my English, but I had to write here.
    A few years and until recently, no problems, but recently the TeamViever suspected me (and my girlfriend and the second computer, whose acquaintance was just tried to go) in commercial use.
    The reason for this, I guess, was a friend who asked to set up his microphone remotely and installing the program poked for commercial use, after which it spread like a virus and created monstrous inconveniences.

Never in all the years has there been any commercial use.

How to be? Or all my conjectures are only speculation, but the program simply changed and became for all purposes paid?

• Diehappy
    Diehappy Posts: 2
    It's sad.
  • Jbib

ot4ku

They probably want to get rid of a maximum of non-paying users ? ...
    [comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]

• Dreigo42
    Dreigo42 Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. I'm running 4 Hyper-V Virtual Machines on my personal Windows 10 desktop and running Windows Server 2016 on them. I am learning to administrate SCCM and as such have built a small virtual lab on my personal computer. They are evaluation editions so they are only good for 180 days. However, it is a domain enviroment (as SCCM requires it) so I'm assuming that's what Teamviewer is seeing and assuming this is Commercial use. Can anyone confirm/deny this is commercial use? I have TeamViewer installed on them so that I can access them from work during lunch/breaks without having to take control of the host machine as someone else might be using it for other things.

• quypv
    quypv Posts: 1

I have mistake setup teamviewer 13 on my laptop win 7. And now this version has expired. Please guide me change to version personal. I want to use version Free.

TeamViewer 13.jpg

• trekfan1
    trekfan1 Posts: 17

But this solutions DO NOT HAVE A LINUX VERSION!!!!!!

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Dreigo42,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer is offered free of charge to everybody for personal, non-commercial use; such examples would be supporting friends and family remotely, or connecting to a personal computer at home.

Examples of commercial use would be

• Connecting to your company PC or server from your home office
    • Assisting businesses or organizations, even on a voluntary basis
    • Other connections involving money or services provided

As your connections utilize connecting to domain servers, it would be considered Commercial Use

I would recommend reaching out to our sales team so we may discuss your use case a bit more with our licensing department! Also useful: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/pricing/commercial-use/

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• sunda12
    sunda12 Posts: 1

Hi!  i got  Commercial use suspected pop-up message my account m but i dont have any company.  I use F-secure Freedome VPN so i think is that it problem why that message  popup?

• Lkupke
    Lkupke Posts: 1

Hi There

I hope someone can assist me, for some reason teamviewer app now thinks that I am on a business network and closes connections I make to remote pc's . I am using the app for personal use and not for a business. 

How can I resolve this?

• Hello,

I've been using the free license to fix my dad's computer and to check my home imac to see if various services i left running are working (downloads, home alarm). I think i use it a few times a month. I actually can't remember when i used it the last time. Today my dad's skype stopped working, so i tried logging on his laptop to check. That's when i got a pop-up saying  "Commercial use detected" . It claimed my session will be terminated after 5 minutes, but it terminated after less than 1 minute. I tried opening a ticket, but it asks me for a license. Anyone has any idea why that happens all of the sudden ? (Just to be clear, i had other previous laptops on the devices list, but they were 2 or 3 offline devices, which i didn't use. Other than that i had nothing else in the computers part. The team viewer on my imac and my dad's laptop is set to auto log in, grant easy access, etc.)

Thank you,

Cosmin Cucu

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 18.05.29.png

• I've always thought that teamviewer should expand their licensing options. I would pay a reasonable price to connect reliably to my home PC.

In the meantime Chrome remote desktop is doing a great job for me. FREE baby.

• I mean i wouldn't mind paying something reasonable for the little use i have, but they only have business plans. I will look into other free alternatives, thanks.

• Von Jetzt auf gleich soll ich meinen Lizenz angeblich gewerblichen nutzen.

Finde faseined Frechheit.

Was soll das?

Hätte gerne in dem Fall einen Beleg dafür. 

• Sioux142
    Sioux142 Posts: 4

I thik that's why I'm getting this issue too.

I am a home user and have a Windows Server 2012 running which I use for Plex streaming around the house.

Suddenly TeamViewer has decided I am a business user.

I removed the Server from my account but I am still getting this message and constantly kicked out of Teamviewer.

Not impressed.

I would happily pay for a home user account but I do not need to upgrade to or purchase a business account as I do not have a business nor will I ever have one.

• Jbib

Hi Sioux142

It's a shame that the new Teamviewer management has decided to get rid of non-commercial users. :-(
    It's going to be 8 years that I used their service and I advertised them ...
    However, it will not stop me from continuing to troubleshoot my relatives and friends.
    [comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]
    Good luck !
    Jbib

• Sioux142
    Sioux142 Posts: 4

Many thanks,

I'm going to try some of them out as an alternative.

As I said, and I can see others have said the same, I would be prepared to pay for an elevated home user account at a sensible price, but there is no way on this planet that I will be purchasing a business account for home use. If something is worth having I don't mind paying for it as long as it is sensible.

Just like Plex, it is free however has limitations in the free version.  I purchased a lifetime pass to get little extras and also show my appreciation for the hard work the Plex guys put in to make it what it is. And they didn't force me to do it or charge an arm and a leg for it. It was my decision to commit to them.

Stephen

• ikras
    ikras Posts: 3

hello,
    unitil few week i ahevc when i try to connect to another computer a message
    '"maybe a professionnal usage detected" (free translate from french, not really same word in english version lol)
    and this day i have a limlit a 5minutes connection (really less at 1 miunutes) when i am connect to someone...and limite to 15 minutes for reconnecting

i want to know how teamviewer can detect a professional usage when i use this for help my mother, many friends and no for money juste for helping ...

we have no counter to indicate was it possible, and how usage it's too big ...

have you a solution for me ?

• Razor512
    Razor512 Posts: 1

I have been having similar issues.

uKYbv86

99% of my use of teamviewer is literally controlling my laptop that I will have on the desk next to me while I am on my desktop PC and want to do maintenance like driver updates and other things, but don't want to bother with the laptop keyboard and trackpad.

Beyond that, on rare occasion I will use it to help a family member out, with some basic things.