Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Teamviewer Business: Multiple Licenses for one PC

Hi,

I have a short question:

I will use Teamviewer as a self-employed freelancer besides my main job. 

For both I need a commercial license. Problem: My employer provides a license for his employees. So I already have a commercial License which I could use. But for my own business I need another business license. Is it possible to use both licenses at one machine?

3 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Teamviewer Business: Multiple Licenses for one PC

Hi @phiphiler

I assume you will have separate E-mail addresses (= TeamViewer Accounts) for your work as freelancer and your main job.

I recommend: Just activate your own Business license on your freelancer E-mail address and have the other license (from your main job) on your regular work E-mail (How to activate your license).

And so: Depending for which company you are working at the moment: Make sure to log in with the correct TeamViewer Account to your Computer & Contacts lists to work with the correct license.

(The license is not activated on the device itself, but it is connected to your TeamViewer account. Please keep in mind: You have to be signed in to your TeamViewer Account to have licensed connections.)

I hope that information helps you.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @phiphiler

I assume you will have separate E-mail addresses (= TeamViewer Accounts) for your work as freelancer and your main job.

I recommend: Just activate your own Business license on your freelancer E-mail address and have the other license (from your main job) on your regular work E-mail (How to activate your license).

And so: Depending for which company you are working at the moment: Make sure to log in with the correct TeamViewer Account to your Computer & Contacts lists to work with the correct license.

(The license is not activated on the device itself, but it is connected to your TeamViewer account. Please keep in mind: You have to be signed in to your TeamViewer Account to have licensed connections.)

I hope that information helps you.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Hi @Esther,

thanks for your answer. 

I guess that solves my problem. I thought till now, that the license is linked to the device, not the account. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi again,

yes - since TeamViewer 13 you are activating the license on your TeamViewer Account and you can use TeamViewer on up to three devices to connect to remote devices (connect from one device at a time).

All the best, Esther

Community Manager