Unable to Connect to Mac running El Capitan from Windows

Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Henagon

Unable to Connect to Mac running El Capitan from Windows

I have TV12 running on my Mac Pro (El Capitan) and my Windows 7 client.  When I try to connect, despite confirming that TV on the Mac is running, I'm told that TV is not running on the partner.  

Are there OS X preferences that need to be updated?  Is there an issue trying to accomplish this connection with the free license?  Any suggestions would be most helpful.

3 Replies
3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Unable to Connect to Mac running El Capitan from Windows

Hi webdbapps,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry you are having trouble making a connection to your Mac. Please try to uninstall the application from your Mac and install a fresh copy from TeamViewer.com.

Try the connection again and update this post with your results.

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

So, I uninstalled TeamViewer 12 from my Mac and reinstalled it.  My Windows 7 PC is still unable to connect to it.  Could there be issues relative to network router firewall or related settings that need modification?

Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff
Former Staff

Hi webdbapps,

Thanks for your response.

You can try the uninstall/reinstall process on your PC as well. There are ports that need to be open on  your firewall for teamviewer to work.

The ports are: 80,443,5938.

Let me know the results.

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.